Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

Spending 190m on a sequel when your last movie made 385m worldwide is borderline negligent. Add in 150m in marketing and Paramount won't break even with STID until home video sales kick in.  

Where did that come from? That seems quite high.

Spending 190m on a sequel when your last movie made 385m worldwide is borderline negligent. Add in 150m in marketing and Paramount won't break even with STID until home video sales kick in.  

Well Dark Knight had a similar budget. I definitely don't think they were expecting it to increase like TDK but definitely there were hoping for more. Like 300m domestic and 500-600m WW

nothing at the movies this weekend yawner 

i want to check out elysium but it comes out the 15th

at my theatre now : 2guns/ grown ups 2 / the conjuring / ripd / red 2 / smurfs 2 / turbo /wolverine 3D

none of which i care to part  or waste 7.25$ on -_- (and i've already seen wolverine luckily for me and wallet in 2D B) )

Where did that come from? That seems quite high.

That's just...how much these tent poles cost to market and distribute these days. Some of them approach more like 200m.If its a big budget tent pole...I'd recommend you just assume it costs 150m for P&A... Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

nothing at the movies this weekend yawner i want to check out elysium but it comes out the 15that my theatre now : 2guns/ grown ups 2 / the conjuring / ripd / red 2 / smurfs 2 / turbo /wolverine 3Dnone of which i care to part or waste 7.25$ on -_- (and i've already seen wolverine luckily for me and wallet in 2D B) )

Hmm well the Conjuring got a solid "B" from me... You should check it out! :)

That's just...how much these tent poles cost to market and distribute these days. Some of them approach more like 200m.If its a big budget tent pole...I'd recommend you just assume it costs 150m for P&A...

Didn't know that. I thought 100m was a lot.

Planes will get Saturday and Sunday boosts. The amount of coverage that planes us getting in merchandise is insane (not just toys, bed sheets, blankets, towels etc).

Kids movies don't have Sunday boosts.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

The schedule fails to explain Planes breaking out after all these other family films disappointed.  Guess kids really like talking vehicles or something.

Planes was advertised at pretty much every movie I saw this summer. Man of Steel, Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, and Pacific Rim were all like "PLANES PLANES PLANES."

• Like 1