Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: Elysium 30.5M; Millers 26.55M; Planes 22.53M; Percy Jackson 14.6M Pg 29

Did Planes actually have a rush factor? That drop would would pretty much mean that a kids film held worse than a hard R sci-fi film (not-including midnights for Elysium that is). Otherwise the hold is the same.

Solid number for Elysium all things considered. Should at least make it to 30m with that.

Edited by StarSaber

Both TS2 and DM2 barely increased. Maybe kid films were deflated for some reason this sat

I wouldn't say that. Smurfs was up 15%, DM2 was up almost 16%. Definitely weaker but not significantly. North of 20% could be considered normal.

Sat looking likeEly 10.9,WTM 10.2,Pla 7.9,PJ 5.4,2G 4.5,TS2 3.6,TW 3.2,TC 2.7,DM2 2.2,BJ 1,Tur 900k,CE 840k,

Elysium-10.9 Small Decrease/Flat w/o previews

WTM-10.2 Increase

Planes- 7.9 decrease?

Percy J- 5.4 Increase

Expected for Elysium

Nice for Millers

Planes- head scratcher

Percy J- decent increase

Elysium-10.9 Small Decrease/Flat w/o previews

WTM-10.2 Increase

Planes- 7.9 decrease?

Percy J- 5.4 Increase

Expected for Elysium

Nice for Millers

Planes- head scratcher

Percy J- decent increase

Do you mean small decrease w/ previews for Elysium? Weren't the midnights about 1.2/3 or something? It went up 10% w/o previews if I didn't miss something.

Do you mean small decrease w/ previews for Elysium? Weren't the midnights about 1.2/3 or something? It went up 10% w/o previews if I didn't miss something.

You're probably right. I just looked at the numbers and didn't do the percentage. I meant it was flat w/o previews. But if it's 10% then its a small increase. right? It's after 2am so I'm a little fuzzy.

You're probably right. I just looked at the numbers and didn't do the percentage. I meant it was flat w/o previews. But if it's 10% then its a small increase. right? It's after 2am so I'm a little fuzzy.

EEEEEEEE go see 'I give it a year' btw

even just b/c Rose is stunning there  :wub:

too bad WTM wont win :(

Edited by Leyla

Planes started making a profit the minute it was invented by the Disney executives.

Still, that's a bad number.

It's not a very good number, but considering the number of family films this summer, I won't call it bad. Disney must be happy it didn't open to 15 M. lol