Shawn Robbins

WEEKEND ACTUALS: WTM (17.96m), Elysium (13.69m), Planes (13.39m), KA2 (13.33m), Percy (8.75m)

Good for The Butler.

I know Kick Ass 2 will not do impressive numbers. Kick Ass was not really that loved except for a niche audience. Good thing the budget is reasonable so they could still gain some profit

• Like 1

Paranoia has a 2% score on Rotten tomates!!! The Devil Inside and also The Adventures of Pluto Nash have higher scores! :rofl:

I kind of want to see it now? Sometimes when movies do that badly on the tomatometer it's because a star vehicle with toxic buzz or it's one of those horrible Epic Movie-type parodies, and the critics have their knives out. But Paranoia just looks like some random thriller, a paycheck job for Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman while Liam Hemsworth tries to carry a movie. Critics generally go into movies like Paranoia expecting mediocrity and grading it on that scale, so for it still to get a 2% means it has to be a complete hot mess. I really want to know where it went wrong, how, etc.

• Like 2

I think this review sums up Paranoia.

http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/at-least-harrison-fords-worthless-paranoia-reaffirms-what-a-shamelessly-terrible-film-critic-pete-hammond-is.php

There is nothing entertaining about Paranoia; emptying the contents of your bladder into your pants is more entertaining that this movie. If Liam Hemsworth were to see his own movie, he would actually cry. It would be so dispiriting that he would probably quit acting, and apologize to everyone unfortunate enough to pay for Paranoia. Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman, who are secondary characters in the film, each had only one line that they repeated over and over throughout the film: “Please give me my paycheck now so I can go home. Please give me my paycheck now so I can go home.” I don’t even think Richard Dreyfus knows he’s in the film; I think people just came to his house and filmed him while he was sitting in a lazy chair watching TV and left an envelope in cash in his mailbox on the way out.

• Like 1

The first Kick-Ass wasn't a hit theatrically (after all the press online building it up as a breakout), it didn't take off on home video and none of its cast broke out elsewhere. The only real surprise here is Universal being dumb enough to bankroll it.

Mark Millar claims that KA sold 140 million worth of DVDs.  :rofl:

I doubt if even "Batman Begins" which got a sequel mainly on the good buzz and DVD sales sold that much

Yeah, in the end we only made $100 million dollars. Which I know sounds ridiculous, but people were saying to me, "Oh, that's awful, Iron Man made $600 million!" and I was like "yeah, but we cost a ninth of what Iron Man cost!" - and then on DVDs we got $140 million, so we knew by September 2010 we were doing a sequel because the advance sales on the DVDs were huge. So the profit was almost $240 million on a $12 million investment, so we knew it was happening.

Edited by grim22

The first Kick-Ass wasn't a hit theatrically (after all the press online building it up as a breakout), it didn't take off on home video and none of its cast broke out elsewhere. The only real surprise here is Universal being dumb enough to bankroll it.

It more than tripled it's budget at the box office, better than countless other films that got sequels.

I disagree with you chloe grace moretz is one of the hottest young actresses working today
  • Like 2