Shawn Robbins

WEEKEND ACTUALS: WTM (17.96m), Elysium (13.69m), Planes (13.39m), KA2 (13.33m), Percy (8.75m)

Nice to see that Deadline's IMs are as wacky as ever.

Deadline also has the honor of having the most timeliest headline today (they have since edited the story)

https://www.facebook.com/deadlinehollywood/posts/10152517035444897

‘The Avengers’ Sequel Gets A Title: Disney is calling it The Avengers: Age Of Ultron. No “Marvel’s The Avengers” this time around. DEVELOPING (WTF?)

Posted Image

Edited by grim22
  • Like 6

Random box office thoughts.

* The Heat, man. 154 million. Thats amazing. Thats what you get when you put Melissa McCarthy in a movie thats actually funny: epic legs. 

* Not surprised Turbo didnt do jack shit at the box office. Its not a bad movie but honestly when you have MU and DM2 to take your kids to, why would you choose something as generic as that?

* I dont think I want a Pacific Rim sequel.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 2

Random box office thoughts.

* The Heat, man. 154 million. Thats amazing. Thats what you get when you put Melissa McCarthy in a movie thats actually funny: epic legs. 

* Not surprised Turbo didnt do jack shit at the box office. Its not a bad movie but honestly when you have MU and DM2 to take your kids to, why would you choose something as generic as that?

* I dont think I want a Pacific Rim sequel.

Yay for The Heat!!! :bravo: That movie deserves every penny it makes! It was really funny.

I wouldn't care so much about The Heat and Grown Ups 2 succeeding were it not for the fact that they made more money than a comedy that is three times as funny/good as they are (This is the End).

This Is the End is gonna have a huge life on the online/DVD circuit and it's still Sony's most profitable movie of the summer so far. Plus it means we're getting another original comedy from Rogen/Goldberg (The Interview) next year. I wish it made more than those other comedies but I consider it a big success. Edited by Lee Daniels' Gopher
  • Like 5

This Is The End is still my favourite comedy of the year by a longshot but I can't begrudge The Heat's success. I thought it looked lame but it was actually pretty damn funny. Certainly better than that humorless monstrosity McCarthy was in at the beginning of the year, Identity Thief.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

I wouldn't care so much about The Heat and Grown Ups 2 succeeding were it not for the fact that they made more money than a comedy that is three times as funny/good as they are (This is the End). 

TITE is the funniest movie I've seen this year, but The Heat and even We're The Millers were pretty darn funny too. TITE's problem is that it's not a very standard movie formula, it's a bit more of a meta project. That won't appeal to as many segments of the GA as more mainstream comedies like The Heat.

• Like 1

TITE is the best comedy this summer-I missed on hangover 3 tho, and knowing myself even tho it was slammed Ill prob find it funny.  I don't mind the Heat doing well, had some funny parts and was entertaining.  Movies like Grown ups 2 though, I get a bit angry at cuz its obviously sht and a sandler cash grab but makes bank anyways.  

As for September, does look boring besides one movie- I have one word....RIDDICCKKKKKK!

hmm, don't know about September. I'm pretty interested in seeing Rush. That might be about it.

forgot about that-that last trailer looks pretty sick.  Im usually not interested in racing movies but it looks promising

Rush is the only thing that interests me in September. Don Jon looks goos, but I'll wait for netflix on that, same as Prisoners/Cloudy 2. But as soon as October rolls around....

SWEET
SWEET
GRAVITY

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Update:

KA2 now looking closer to $6m today. No way it reaches the first film's opening from that.

Butler looking stronger than expected, around $9-9.5m.

Jobs ~ $3m today. Paranoia sub-$2m.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 4