babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

As someone who loved Cars1, what was expected from Cars3 was that it will better than Cars2 but not as good as Cars1.

Cars1 did 4x+ in a different BO era.

Cars2 did 2.9x

Factoring in

-further sequelitis

-June Thu previews

-Father's Day Sunday inflating the ow

-DM3 not far away

on one hand, but better wom (assumption) than Cars2 on the other hand...the expected multiplier imo is 2.7-3.1x

50-55 ow / 2.7-3.1x / 135-170 ... wide range

52.5 ow / 2.9x / 152 in the middle.

Considering you got to pay for the bad reception of Cars2, and keeping in mind the drop from 240 to 160 for POTC, a drop 190 to 160 for Cars would not be bad.

sub-150 will be disappointing.

160-170 will be good.

180+ great imo.

It doesn't really bother me that this is a so-called cash-grab. Plenty of modern summer blockbusters (particularly CBMs) tend to be 2-hour adverts for merchandising, but the reality is that you can be an advert for toys and still be a compelling, entertaining, fun film. Being a cash-grab doesn't necessarily mean that a film will be unwatchable. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

It doesn't really bother me that this is a so-called cash-grab. Plenty of modern summer blockbusters (particularly CBMs) tend to be 2-hour adverts for merchandising, but the reality is that you can be an advert for toys and still be a compelling, entertaining, fun film. Being a cash-grab doesn't necessarily mean that a film will be unwatchable. 

Yeah, i agree as well.

I mean....just because a blockbuster is a cash-grab....doesn't necessarily mean it's/or will be automatically bad. There's always gonna be some big money-magnets in a specific season, whenever it's in the summer, winter, spring or fall.

Heck, there are movies/cash-grabs that are beloved & well-received. 5 of Disney's biggest films from last year are well-received.

• Like 1

Cash grab I would say are movies with poor reputation and still getting sequel bcos the merchandise is popular. Otherwise there is no reason why we have had 2 cars sequels while incredibles has to wait 14 years for a sequel. I would rather Pixar make a Up or Ratatouille sequel than this

It got thrown around quite a bit for Finding Dory, too, and I imagine we'll be hearing it a ton for Toy Story 4. 

"Cash grab" only seems to apply to making sequels you don't like the idea of. If everyone's hyped for a sequel it ironically isn't considered a "cash grab".

• Like 12

Can't wait for the "cash grab" Judge Dredds of the world to tell us what s up with

The Incredibles : Too Strong for You

Toy Story :  Back For More

Finding Jelly Fish

Frozen Into Darkness

Zootopia : Back To Furville

:sherlock:

Edited by The Futurist

38 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Cash grab I would say are movies with poor reputation and still getting sequel bcos the merchandise is popular. Otherwise there is no reason why we have had 2 cars sequels while incredibles has to wait 14 years for a sequel. I would rather Pixar make a Up or Ratatouille sequel than this

Maybe because Cars was Lasseter's passion project.

• Like 1

Last month I had to go to promote this movie by going to an event in NYC and typing about it in order for Disney to give me a press screening.

C_R2t3WUQAQIBXK.jpg

C_R2wHFV0AE1uqz.jpg

C_R2x0eUMAAh1q1.jpg

Of course they did and now Well, the time has finally come. Cars 3 is finally here, and honestly, I’ve have NOT been looking forward to it one bit. The teaser was effective, but every trailer afterward had me lose interest. On the one hand you have a Pixar movie, and on the other hand, we have a Cars sequel. After watching both films this weekend (which you can read my REvisit here), I was hesitant walking into this unbiased. Will this be another rough patch in Pixar’s road or will this be the best Cars film yet?

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//cars-3-review

• Like 1