babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think had it not been a monster cash cow merchandise wise. I suspect Disney and Pixar wouldn't have bothered with sequels. 

Also it being Lasseter "pet project" so to say, probably helped in it getting more sequels. The merchandising helped immensely as well.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Honestly I do kind of hope this underwhelms at the box office though. Not flop necessarily, just disappointing enough that they think twice about continuing it in a theatrical capacity

I think this will be the last Cars film. It's not universally loved like Toy Story and I think Lasseter and co only made Cars 3 as Cars 2 didn't turn out well and they wanted another shot of doing a better sequel. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Honestly I do kind of hope this underwhelms at the box office though. Not flop necessarily, just disappointing enough that they think twice about continuing it in a theatrical capacity

I highly doubt Cars 4 is on the radar. I'm stunned that Disney hasn't turned it into a TV series yet. (Tall Tales doesn't count)

They will find other ways to keep the money train flowing merch-wise. 

Anyways, looks like the RT is going to level out in the late 60s/early 70s, just below the original. Sigh whatever, I'll see it once and I'll be fine. BO wise I foresee a 60 mil OW with a 170 mil finish. Transformers 5 and DM3 will be huge adversaries.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

I highly doubt Cars 4 is on the radar. I'm stunned that Disney hasn't turned it into a TV series yet. (Tall Tales doesn't count)

They will find other ways to keep the money train flowing merch-wise. 

Anyways, looks like the RT is going to level out in the late 60s/early 70s, just below the original. Sigh whatever, I'll see it once and I'll be fine. BO wise I foresee a 60 mil OW with a 170 mil finish. Transformers 5 and DM3 will be huge adversaries.

They did two Planes films, I'm more surprised they didn't do a Trains or a Boats spin-off although I imagine with Thomas the Tank Engine, Trains might seem derivative. 

Cars the TV series would do well on Disney XD and would be on brand for the channel. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They did two Planes films, I'm more surprised they didn't do a Trains or a Boats spin-off although I imagine with Thomas the Tank Engine, Trains might seem derivative. 

Cars the TV series would do well on Disney XD and would be on brand for the channel. 

I think Trains was actually being developed at one point.

It used to be that the one phrase that the Pixar people never learned was "good enough." As in, "Eh, yeah, the story doesn't make sense, but it's good enough." Or, "Well, no, the animation could be better, but it's good enough." It was almost as if they didn't know how to release something unless it was their very best.

They've learned.

Goddamnit.

Edited by Goffe

Four Free Movie Tickets to see "Cars 3" for being a Disney Premier Cardholder

Saw this headline on the disboards just now.  Seems to be a sign that Disney is very worried about this opening and is targeting folks that it knows will go to help buff the OW box office...

I'm not premier, but even I would probably take my boys for free, so look for some swift bump ups in presales soon.  This is supposedly "targeted by email" which is probably Disney-speak for enough free tickets til we feel good about that OW number...but no more:)...

6 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I hope they keep making Cars films. It's a franchise that has a specific target audience. As long as the films please that audience, then they're doing their job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its going to be rotten again looking at initial reviews.

What makes you say that? The consensus so far seems to be that this is a much better film than the last one and in some cases even the best in the franchise.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What makes you say that? The consensus so far seems to be that this is a much better film than the last one and in some cases even the best in the franchise.

Even the positive ones have give B- rating. Does not sound good to me. Most movies drop from initial rating though there are exceptions.