babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

9 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

I'm not sure about that, TGD was basically as low as you could go in terms of buzz for a Pixar film. Plenty of kids love the Cars franchise. 

Yeah, I'm not planning on seeing the movie, but this forum isn't the target audience for Cars, of course we don't notice the buzz.

• Like 6

55-60 ow / 2.75x / 151-165 dom

If it is better than Cars2 as far as GA is concerned, beating Cars2's 2.9x still might be tough considering Sunday is Father's Day and will inflate the ow. Not to mention early Thu previews that Cars2 didn't have to the same degree. Also additional sequelitis. DM3 is following it soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

If it is better than Cars2 as far as GA is concerned, beating Cars2's 2.9x still might be tough considering Sunday is Father's Day and will inflate the ow. Not to mention early Thu previews that Cars2 didn't have to the same degree. Also additional sequelitis. DM3 is following it soon.

What were Cars 2's previews?

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

I don't see Cars 3 missing a 3x. It's significantly better than Cars 2 and even animated sequels with middling reception usually have decent legs  Along with summer weekdays, I think it'll still get a 3x.

$57 million

$30 million ($115 million)

$13.5 million ($143 million)

$8.5 million ($160 million)

$5.5 million ($171 million)

$3.5 million ($178 million)

$1.5 million ($181 million)

$1 million ($183 million)

$188-190 million DOM

That's not even a particularly leggy run, but it's still good for more than a 3x.

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mahnamahna said:

I don't see Cars 3 missing a 3x. It's significantly better than Cars 2 and even animated sequels with middling reception usually have decent legs  Along with summer weekdays, I think it'll still get a 3x.

$57 million

$188-190 million DOM

That's not even a particularly leggy run, but it's still good for more than a 3x.

Yeah, I'd bet on it just about crossing 200M and staying there.

14 hours ago, mahnamahna said:

$57 million

$188-190 million DOM

That's a sub-50% drop which imo is optimistic even for an animation sequel coming off an inflated ow, unless the wom is too good.

Take Cap Underpants for example. It's original non-sequel, opened in non-inflated weekend (infact WONDR's ow must have taken away some dough) and still fell  49% in 2nd weekend.

So 55% for Cars3 imo in the 2nd weekend which would give 25.65 2nd weekend with 57 ow. That would give 173 instead of 188 using your calcs.

Edited by a2knet

• Community Manager
On 6/14/2017 at 6:50 PM, The Mummified Panda said:

Yeah, I'm not planning on seeing the movie, but this forum isn't the target audience for Cars, of course we don't notice the buzz.

We have plenty of @That One Guy who get buzzed for little kid shit.

• Like 1