babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Nathan Fillion and Kerry Washington are in this too. I kind of don't want to read more about the cast because I keep getting surprised :lol: 

Chris Cooper and Lea DeLaria (Big Boo on Orange is the New Black) are also in this lmao. What a wacky cast.

So, I now live in a world in which I liked a Cars movie. (I should add, if you’re not a fan of Larry the Cable Guy’s Mater, well, you are in luck because he’s barely in it.) Who knew that adding some emotional weight and unconsciously using some themes from Rocky III could add a little much needed depth and humanity to these sentient automobiles?

http://uproxx.com/movies/cars-3-review/2/

lol

36 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm legit lol-ing at Mater's role being significantly reduced in this. They really took the criticisms against Cars 2 to heart, didn't they?

THey have some smart people up in Emeryville.

Glad to hear it's good.  Cars 2 is the only Pixar film I don't own.  I have Good Dinosaur but it's still in it's wrapping

Edited by DAR

1 hour ago, The Mummified Panda said:

Decent reviews for a Pixar movie means it's a bad movie in my books.

Thankfully we'll get Coco in November to make up for this.

Eh, it's still better than getting trashed. The ship has sailed on debating whether this franchise is worthy of Pixar's time and resources and I'd rather be glad they at least made something watchable

18 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Eh, it's still better than getting trashed. The ship has sailed on debating whether this franchise is worthy of Pixar's time and resources and I'd rather be glad they at least made something watchable

I think had it not been a monster cash cow merchandise wise. I suspect Disney and Pixar wouldn't have bothered with sequels. 

Nice to see this getting decent reviews. Anything over 60% in RT and 50 in MC is all that I ask for.

Also finally watched Cars 2 and TGD out of sheer boredom and Cars 2 is actually alright?? Maybe a bit obnoxious at times, but overall it's competent. The Good Dinosaur is, well, good. Nothing special but I'll take it over 90% of the shit that other animation studios crapped out.

• Like 1