Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

THOR 2 opened to $109M in 36 territories. Not apple to apple but it's a bit lower than I expect. It needs to do much better domestic duty in order to match THOR 2 numbers WW.

Gap isn't as big you're making it. It's 57% markets for Cap vs. 72-73% for Thor 2 and also, Thor 2 didn't have good legs OS. Expectation is much better legs for CA:TWS which should push it close to 400M OS.  

• Like 1

Considering it still has China, Russia, Australia, Brazil, Japan and some small territories, I think 400M OS is looking likely. It's great to see Captain join the big boys of SH WW. :worthy:  :ca:  :ca:  :ca:  :worthy:

It won't do much in Japan. The first one only made $3m or something. It will probably increase, but still below $10m I think. Besides, it will be killed by TASM2 on its 2nd weekend. What an unfortunate release date.

I think that we shouldn't be so negaitve. :P

There are still possibility’s for Captain America…

In these markets it can bomb

South Korea:  10.9M – 6M = 1.82 multiplier so with same legs: 38.4M but I think +40M is doable.  So that means  at least a 17.3M boost in comparison with TDW.

China: TDW did I 55M run with last indication of  B movies making +50M runs I think it’s safe to say 80M maybe 90M. So that means a 25M – 35M boost.

Japan: TDW did 6.1M run only a 9% better than the first one so with nice critics Captain should do a 15M run if it doesn’t got trouble with Frozen who is on fire! That is a 8.5 M boost.

Indonesia should also make at least 5M difference between them .

The Philippines should also be in favour of captain so it should grab some money over there too.

Mexico is also doing great for TWS, that could get us another 5M gab with Thor.

So if Europe doesn’t fall to hard (more than 30%) it should be doable to run at the same point with TDW or at least +380M OS. Like other also mention, TDW didn’t got that good legs, if TWS got slightly better legs it could reduce the damage in Europe to 15% and with the Asian countries there is a  reasonable change for TWS to reach 650M WW maybe 700 WW is it got awesome legs. 

Edited by pepsa

Compared to CATFA OW pulled from BOM 

OW Mexico

CATFA - 8.09

TWS - 8,7m

OW South Korea

CATFA - 2.06

TWS - 10,9m

OW UK

CATFA - 4.9

TWS - 10,7m

OW Italy