Fancyarcher

London Has Fallen | March 4, 2016 | Trailer on page 7.

Remember how they just ENTIRELY FUCKING DESTROYED ALL OF LONDON in GI Joe 2? 

Well in the trailer at least, never saw the actual movie. 

Oh they did, and it was absolutely ridiculous.

It was just after the moment when Jonathan Pryce launched nukes at all these other countries, and then Russia, France, UK, and a slew of other countries retaliated. Pryce then self destructed the nukes, and the rest followed. NO MORE NUCLEAR WEAPONS! PEACE IN OUR TIME!

• Like 2

Oh they did, and it was absolutely ridiculous.

It was just after the moment when Jonathan Pryce launched nukes at all these other countries, and then Russia, France, UK, and a slew of other countries retaliated. Pryce then self destructed the nukes, and the rest followed. NO MORE NUCLEAR WEAPONS! PEACE IN OUR TIME!

And then there is literally no follow-up to all of London being destroyed. An entire major city wiped out and... nothing. No mention of it at all in the medal ceremony that ends the movie.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

The visceral intensity springs from a timely premise: after the British Prime Minister passes away, his funeral becomes a target of a terrorist organization to destroy some of the world’s most powerful leaders, devastate the British capital, and unleash a terrifying vision of the future. The only hope of stopping it rests on the shoulders of the President of the United States (Aaron Eckhart) and his formidable Secret Service head (Gerard Butler), and an English MI-6 agent (Charlotte Riley) who rightly trusts no one. Morgan Freeman also stars as the Vice President of the United States.

The addition of a woman hero and moving to a bigger location despite having the exact same plot as the first one is going to make me play my "CAYOM rip-off" card again

Conventionally Wiser did the same thing betterrrrrrrr

I have to think that with The Martian moving to Oct 2nd this will move elsewhere. I say Jan 8th, 2016. Taken 3 opened on the similar weekend this year and got $39 mil. Realistic expectations are for this to open in the $35-40 mil range. I think they'll have a better chance achieving that on Jan 8th against some Blumhouse horror and The Forest, rather than against The Martian and The Walk on Oct 2nd

I have to think that with The Martian moving to Oct 2nd this will move elsewhere. I say Jan 8th, 2016. Taken 3 opened on the similar weekend this year and got $39 mil. Realistic expectations are for this to open in the $35-40 mil range. I think they'll have a better chance achieving that on Jan 8th against some Blumhouse horror and The Forest, rather than against The Martian and The Walk on Oct 2nd

It's possible

Taken 3 slot should be a fitting place for this kind of movie. Great idea! Though I think it will open in high 20s not in the high 30s range.