Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

Depends on when Star Trek is shooting, if they're aiming for summer 2016 then JJ is out but if its November 2016 there might be a small chance but I think its unlikely, I imagine JJ and Paramount are likely still looking for a director, there's no rush to start filming yet,

Even if he's available, it's a terrible idea to have him direct both ST and SW. They franchises need to start looking different from each-other, not more similar. This is especially true now that a new SW film is going to come out.

• Like 1

Correct, Mission Impossible.

[*]As producer he's even more of a showrunner.

[*]He'll likely be (only) producing Trek 3 but I'll still consider him to be one of the movers and shakers -behind the scenes.

[*]Has one person ever been behind 3 (or more) franchises at the same time?  Incredible.

Edited by lilmac

It'll be interesting what storyline they go for the third film, the 20th anniversary and 30th anniversary were time travel stories whereas the 25th anniversary was about the Klingons and about the final adventure of the original crew. I doubt they'll want to do time travel for the third time so maybe a Klingon based story but having them forced to work together against something bigger

A story about a all-out war with the Klingons involving fleets of ships. No more one-on-one battles and super ships of doom.

DS9 did this very well on the small screen and Voyager during Year of Hell pts1&2 as well that I recall. 

The only multi ship battle sequence I can recall on the big screen was ST:FC with the Borg, so there is precedence pre-Abrams for this.

However, cause he's also involved in Star Wars you'll still get people acting like Trek has never done a multi-ship battle sequence and the talk of Trek looking like Wars will all over the place by the ill informed. 

Orci possibly directing? Devin Faraci melts down (in a hipstery sort of way):

Please Jesus, Don't Let Roberto Orci Direct Star Trek 3

Its really odd that they're thinking about letting someone with no experience direct one of these major movies.  Did they not just see what happened with some other guy's directorial debut?

• Like 1

Yea but that other guy was a DP on his first directing gig, Orci is a writer which can become a more successful director than a DP IMO.

Statements like this crack me up. And no its not your opinion, your just wrong. A director can come from anywhere, its an individual thing. Great directors have come from all departments. 

• Like 7