Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

3 hours ago, stuart360 said:

The trailer was dreadful, its so removed from what Trek is supposed to be.

I don't know... trailer was goofy, silly and with bad using of innapropriate music.
But it shows space exploration, interactions with some aliens on their homeworld etc. Typical 'trek' motives. Of course in action packed style, but still.

While the editing and music of the trailer makes the film seem like Guardians or Fast and Furious, what I can see of the plot of film it does not seem that far away from Star Trek you would think. So this could be just a marketing stragecy to make the films seem more like Guardians or Fast and Furious but this is not actually the case.

2 hours ago, TriggerMike said:

pretty sure the GA will enjoy the trailer. Not the best but good enough to strike people's interest. Anybody know the budget for the movie?

Ive read 200m ish.

I hate saying it, cause I really want to like this...but I didn't dig the trailer.  I'm gonna stay optimistic though.  It's just marketing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

the music ruined the trailer, Paramount adding hiphop music to trailers for Mission Impossible and now Star Trek

The music is a nod to ST09. It's part of that film. There's nothing artificial or arbitrary about it.