Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

THR's review is pretty much a rave! Lots of intimate moments, chemistry among the cast, Idris Elba getting to showcase his talent even underneath all the makeup, a story that truly sounds like evokes the core of the franchise...this really might be the best entry of the rebooted series.

By the way, that review also includes a giant spoiler about the 50th anniversary nods.

Edited by The47th

TOMATOMETER 

93%

I'm just here to say that the average score isn't exactly amazing. RT must be feeling generous with the "fresh" designation.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 2

Just now, cannastop said:

I'm just here to say that the average score isn't exactly amazing. RT must be feeling generous with the "fresh" designation.

The average score will go up. Plenty of reviews that 4/5 and higher that haven't been added. Plus, the critics designate whether a review is fresh or rotten.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

A lot of the reviews are a 3 / 5, or B's, so reviews aren't bad, they're just not amazing. Still not bad considering Paramount seemed to have no confidence in Beyond getting good reviews last week.

15 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You're just being a party pooper. Newer reviews have been mostly 4/5 so that's awesome!

Don't read the Hollywood Reporter review. I was control+fing "Chekov" in it and Variety and there's a huge fucking spoiler in the paragraph beneath what they have about Chekov ughh. Really pissed about it too because I've only seen the teaser for this.

but glad to see good reviews overall!!

Edited by Blanks McCoy

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

I get what you're saying but RT doesn't decide the rating or if it's fresh or not.