grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Whenever I'm on the high end of predictions (and I know I'm on the high, high end with CF), I'm not disappointed if it doesn't pan out. I just admit I overpredicted, hehe.

DH2, Avengers both had IMAX and 3D.  

So CF will need to sell more tickets than them, which I believe it will.

What do you mean?

Remember how they separated that preview money from 7pm showings ... so was always reported as '4 day opening' of 128 and 116 3 day opening.

Iron Man and others all lumped the preview money together with Friday & the weekend.

Edited by Adam

Remember how they separated that preview money from 7pm showings ... so was always reported as '4 day opening' of 128 and 116 3 day opening.

Since TDKR, they basically don't do that anymore. It's up to the studio, and usually they just wrap all the early/sneak/midnights into one lump number and count it towards the OD.

• Like 1

Whenever I'm on the high end of predictions (and I know I'm on the high, high end with CF), I'm not disappointed if it doesn't pan out. I just admit I overpredicted, hehe.

So CF will need to sell more tickets than them, which I believe it will.

There's a saturation point.  There are only so many seats to go around.  I don't see how it's possible for a film without 3D to hit 90 mill OD.

Since TDKR, they basically don't do that anymore. It's up to the studio, and usually they just wrap all the early/sneak/midnights into one lump number and count it towards the OD.

True, I just mentioned it because Neo claimed that Catching Fire preview # would be separate when they lump that all together.

Edited by Adam

he means that while man of steel actual weekend was 128 million a lot of people here only say 116 million because of the 12 million walmart tickets that were only for thrusday

Yep and people also say its legs were better than they were since they use that 116M number  :P

• Like 1

For CF to hit 90 mill, Friday matinees would basically have to sell out.  And not just in pockets of NA but in a lot of places.  The evening shows will be sold out, we know that.  But to hit 90 mill, hell even 80 mill, you would need day shows to be near sell outs.  Not going to happen imo.

Iron Man and others all lumped the preview money together with Friday & the weekend.

128M was the total as of Sunday, the OW was 116M. Still the previews weren't added to the OD.

I have been thinking low 80s for a while. The Avengers effect is real but who knows how long will it last ? This is why I am not very high on GOTG. Marvel is trying to link all of its properties back to The Avengers and people (GA not the fanboys) are going to get tired of the two movies a year deal in a couple of years tops.

128M was the total as of Sunday, the OW was 116M. Still the previews weren't added to the OD.

I know they weren't ... that's my point.  MOS was the exception this year in that regard.

Iron Man 3 also previewed at 7 or 8 pm Thursday yet all the money was considered 'Friday' & 'weekend'.

Edited by Adam