grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Agree mostly.

But ID2 should nt be underestimated too.

I am not sure about ID2. What is the selling point of this movie. Will they just have aliens attack earth again. We have seen so many movies on that(including Avengers). while ID had spectacular run back in 96, I am not sure sequel can be that big.

But YA movies except HP are never particularly popular OS, which probably hurt SW7's OS potential.

But SW7 will hide the fact that it's YA with explosions and aliens and layers on layers of CGI

Something for everybody

But YA movies except HP are never particularly popular OS, which probably hurt SW7's OS potential.

Oh, please. The last four Twilight movies all did 400m-425m with BD2 doing 530m overseas. All in 2D. Come on. 

• Like 1

I did not care for 1st Hunger Games move but the franchise has tremendous potential to increase in OS markets and be one of a kind franchise in domestic with all movies grossing close to 400M(or more). I see CF making 500M OS while MJ1/2 can gross > 600M OS(last one might even hit 700M).

So there is a chance that MJ2 could beat SW7 though currently I would bet otherwise. Avengers should beat SW7 WW and next bond has a chance(but I am not sure if that will beat Skyfall). Currently I would predict in the below order.

Avengers 2

SW7

MJ2

Bond 24

B&S will increase from MOS bcos Batman is in it but wont come close to 1B. I am thinking 850m WW for now.

I like how people get made at making high predictions for SW7 but then go and predict crazy numbers for Hunger Games? 700m overseas??? LOL LOL  LOL.