Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

Good move for WB, Pan would really have not done well in July. October seems like a much better date, and now I'm looking at the October schedule as a whole, and the month looks really good!

It's opening up against Steve Jobs, which shouldn't provide too much direct competition. The only thing I'm nervous about is Goosebumps the weekend after. Still, it's a step up from opening against Pixels, and having MI5 and F4 right afterwards.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2

Really? Aren't February and October pretty much the same thing nowadays?

February has shown to be a great month the past few years, but it all depends on the product itself (and of course everything depends on wanting to take advantage of the President's Day/Valentine's Day holiday weekend). October is a much more "prestigious" time to open a movie because it's so close to Oscar season (meaning that movies that open there are much more likely to stick in the minds of voters than anything released in February).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

I can't think of anything big in October. This is a good move

This October has a lot of potential $70 million+ DOM grossers

1. The Walk
  2. Pan
  3. Steve Jobs
  4. Bridge of Spies
  5. Crimson Peak 
  6. Goosebumps
  7. Suffragette
  8. Jem and the Holograms 

Not to mention September looks relatively solid

1. Kitchen Sink
  2. The Visit
  3. Maze Runner 2
  4. Black Mass
  5. Everest
  6. Hotel Transylvania 2 

I'd say fall 2015 should be among one of the most well-attended fall seasons on record. 

You don't think London Has Fallen could reach 70M? Olympus made 100, so I think it has a shot.

Also I'm glad you think The Visit could do well. If it ends up being good, I think it has break out potential.

• Like 2

You don't think London Has Fallen could reach 70M? Olympus made 100, so I think it has a shot.

Also I'm glad you think The Visit could do well. If it ends up being good, I think it has break out potential.

The Visit needs to do one thing to do well at the box office - hide Shyamalan's name.

• Like 2

The Visit needs to do one thing to do well at the box office - hide Shyamalan's name.

Haha his name is front and center in the trailer. But they do I corporate "from the creator of The Sixth Sense."

How much do you think Everest could do?

Personally, I'd say 65-80M DOM. Maze Runner will keep it from breaking out big time, otherwise I would have said 100-120M.

I mean, look what happened to A Walk Among the Tombstones.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 3

Haha his name is front and center in the trailer. But they do I corporate "from the creator of The Sixth Sense."

Personally, I'd say 65-80M DOM. Maze Runner will keep it from breaking out big time, otherwise I would have said 100-120M.

I mean, look what happened to A Walk Among the Tombstones.

Oh please. The Maze Runner didn't cause A Walk Among the Tombstones to flop. Completely different audiences.

Besides, A Walk Among the Tombstones looked like a two hour episode of Law & Order: SVU. Everest, from the plot synopsis, is an intense disaster thriller that sounds like it has plenty of potential to be a hit.

• Like 1

Oh please. The Maze Runner didn't cause A Walk Among the Tombstones to flop. Completely different audiences.

Besides, A Walk Among the Tombstones looked like a two hour episode of Law & Order: SVU. Everest, from the plot synopsis, is an intense disaster thriller that sounds like it has plenty of potential to be a hit.

No I agree that they are different audiences, but when one movie drastically out performs the other, you also get headlines. Maze Runner hurt Tombstones more with all the headlines and attention it was getting that weekend more than the actual audience seeing the movie.

And yes, part of that films failure was because of the film itself. Obviously not having seen the trailer to Everest, I'm not sure what tone they're going for (Gravity on a mountain maybe?)

• Like 1

People will go to the theater not knowing he directed it and when they find out in the credits, that will be the big twist.

• Like 1