Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

Hook is Indiana Jones?????????

VFX look OK, but otherwise it looks terrible.

And I HATE that what Barrie describes are definently a Native American Tribe has been turned into some nondescript tribal people.

I HATE Political Correctness like that.

• Like 1

And I HATE that what Barrie describes are definently a Native American Tribe has been turned into some nondescript tribal people.

I don't get how it's PC when they're all pretty much white people. Looks more like a Coachella gathering tbh.

• Like 1

The term you want isn't "political correctness". It's "whitewashing".

I see this one being a flop.  (Then again, I wasn't expecting much from Alice, either, so…)

• Like 2

The term you want isn't "political correctness". It's "whitewashing".

I see this one being a flop.  (Then again, I wasn't expecting much from Alice, either, so…)

Being the only tentpole for the fall should help. However, HT2/Goosebumps will take away some of the family demo. 

I think it has a better chance at $100 million DOM here than in June/July, though. 

• Like 1

It's not like anyone was asking for "Peter Pan Begins." I'm getting tired of these X Begins movies that tell unnecessary back stories we don't need - or want - to know; at least with something like the Han Solo movie, there are definitely people out there who would WANT to see something like that.

When I saw this trailer in front of Inside Out, I didn't hear any reaction from the audience whatsoever. That's not a good sign.

Also, I know exactly what the "Indians" ("Native Neverland...ians"?) look like. They look like the Lost Boys from Hook. They even say "the Pan" in the trailer...

• Like 2

Does that poster make you think of Peter Pan? At all?

I swear I have seen another major film a while back with exactly this kind of layout, down to the Dutch angle. Was it one of the Potter movies? Can anyone recall?

This, too.

How_to_Train_Your_Dragon_2_poster.jpg

Say what you will about the poster, but oh my god, they actually aligned the characters with the cast listing on top.

• Like 3

I wasn't thinking of HTTYD2, it must have been Potter.

And yes - that is a freaking miracle. I know contractual obligations require the names in a certain order, but with how generic posters are these days, can't the poster designers just use their Photoshop magic to reorder everyone under their names?

• Like 1