Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

Transformers franchise needs to...transform.

As much as I like Bays action, this franchise needs to evolve its identity.  And if it's going to be a universe have a...what's that thing called?  A...story?  Even a little one?

But one more Bayformers, sure.  They're not good, but shit Bay blows shit up real good.  So one more round of cool robots blowin shit up, and hot girls bending over things?  I can dig it.  But after that...Paramount...you're going to have to do more. If you want the TFCU (and I don't mean The Futurist Connected Universe though Redstone you should seriously consider that)..

Youll need to do more.  Bay is like...Zack Snyder, except he's not so up his ass he thinks his movies are more than awesome,looking action movies with hot chicks.  And that's why he's better.  But that's also why...you can't build a universe off those shaky grounds.  Robots and hot ass can only go so far.

Well, for four quadrant movies.  Yes, I like robots, and I like hot ass.  That's all I have to say.

Well it s Paramount biggest franchise by far.

So, that s why they set up that think tank and try to make a TCU.

It s funny though, because Bay is doing 5 and since the second, he really didn't want to come back.

It s like he is doing a favor to the studio at this point because they are terrified to continue the franchise without him.

Because let s be honest at this point, the guy (Bay) already have enough money to spend quality time with a different Vicoria s secret model every night.

Wonder what will be the theme of Bay's auteur movie number 3 before Trnasfomers 6.

38 minutes ago, kowhite said:

If you paid me 100m per favor...

Is it really a favor?

My point is Bay, by his own admission, already has money to live 100 lives, so 100m when you have 500m, same difference.

The reasons why he came back for number 2 are incredible, Bay was very open about it.

He didn't want to come back but the president of Paramount films told him honestly " Michael, if you don't do this film, I ll get fucking fired"

And it seems Bay & Paramount have been playing this dance for 4 films now with Bay saying publicly each time he wasn't sure he d be back.

Edited by The Futurist

20 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

My point is Bay, by his own admission, already has money to live 100 lives, so 100m when you have 500m, same difference.

The reasons why he came back for number 2 are incredible, Bay was very open about it.

He didn't want to come back but the president of Parmaount films told him honestly " Michael, if you don't do this film, I ll get fucking fired"

And it seems Bay & Paramount have been playing this dance for 4 films now with Bay saying publicly each time he wasn't sure he d be back.

The President of Paramount (I think you mean Brad Grey? if you mean so)...

Yeah, he would've been fired at any other studio already.  Bay has leverage, and I do think there's truth to what you say.  Transformers movies have paid for Pain and Gain and 13 Hours.  Whether you liked those movies or not, Bay is doing his work and getting to do what he wants.  And Brad Grey?  Your slate sucks.  Sure there are some good movies but...you barely make movies.  I can barely make movies in my sleep but nobody is paying me millions to do that (or not do that to be more honest).

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 3