Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I'm lost. What trailer is the most watched, BatB still holds the crown or something else trounced it in the meantime? 

Trailer views are a metric you can tailor to say literally anything you want. The only public view count we can see are on YouTube and Facebook. All others like twitter, Xbox, PS4 and multiple video hosting websites are locked down.  No one actually knows how many views anything gets outside of YouTube+Facebook. 

The TF5 trailer is pretty bad on YouTube views. Facebook has 20M (but Facebook counts anyone scrolling past a video as a view if the video starts playing). It would need 70M views from undisclosed sources to hit the 100M mark. Which is why I don't put much stock beyond the YT+FB numbers.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I'm lost. What trailer is the most watched, BatB still holds the crown or something else trounced it in the meantime? 

TFA managed to do 128M in it's first 24h, followed by BATB at 127M and Shades 2 at 114M. T5 is the fourth biggest release of a trailer in history, pretty good considering the fact, that unlike those other franchises, it already showed signs of fatigue. If it keeps the hype, this one may able to stay flat or even increase.

It also had more views than GOTG2 btw.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chewy said:

Bay knows no one cares anymore and just throws whatever out there. No corporate oversight, no fan outrage. Dude has more freedom than Nolan. It's rad

When your franchise is critic proof with little oversight you get scenes where a guy asks for toilet paper with his pants around his ankles. *

*Actual scene from Bayformers 2.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

When your franchise is critic proof with little oversight you get scenes where a guy asks for toilet paper with his pants around his ankles. *

*Actual scene from Bayformers 2.

The fourth is just so doofy and mean-spirited and there's so much happening with so little of it making any sense. I'm pretty excited for Bay to top himself

Why is Odin doing the trailer narration? It's like someone told Bay he was making the third Thor film and then no one corrected him. 

Paramount could probably switch the footage of this and Monster Trucks and at least half of the audience wouldn't know the difference. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Why is Odin doing the trailer narration? It's like someone told Bay he was making the third Thor film and then no one corrected him. 

Paramount could probably switch the footage of this and Monster Trucks and at least half of the audience wouldn't know the difference. 

if you can get Anthony Hopkins in your movie then why not? 

don't see the Monster Trucks similarity

Edited by John Marston

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

The fourth is just so doofy and mean-spirited and there's so much happening with so little of it making any sense. I'm pretty excited for Bay to top himself

The 4th movie is actually 3 separate unrelated movies one after the other. It's amazing how much the first hour has nothing to do with the second which has very little lead-in to the third. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, grim22 said:

The 4th movie is actually 3 separate unrelated movies one after the other. It's amazing how much the first hour has nothing to do with the second which has very little lead-in to the third. 

Michael Bay. His power.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Watched the last one on discount Tuesday. Will do  the same here.

Didn't catch the 4th one until Amazon Prime time...and yeah, I think I separated it into chunks over two nights, as well...couldn't take it. 

18 hours ago, Macleod said:

Didn't catch the 4th one until Amazon Prime time...and yeah, I think I separated it into chunks over two nights, as well...couldn't take it. 

I watched AOE four times in cinema, this is the type of movie that you need to watch at cinema to have the full experience.