Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

11 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Haters can hate but this looks fun as f-ck. I can't wait to grab some popcorn and enjoy the sh-t outta this. If it's as good as Dark of the Moon I'll be happy. 

1-3-5

Hopefully.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Not sure where this "insane" came from

POTC4 OS     $804m

POTC5 OS     will finish around $550m

That's a big drop.

Its gross in China $160m isn't something Disney would be very proud of either.

Not saying that the drop isn't steep but there are multiple factors that make that comparison a headache - chiefly the fact that in 2011 the exchange rate was MUCH MUCH better for films in OS play. Any film that waited 5-6 years between sequels was going to have issues just on that front alone. Not even Ultron was immune with it's 3 year wait (yes, it made more $ but sold many more tickets at lower exchanges.)

Pirates drop was steeper than I would have liked to have seen, but not as bad as it could have been. And it more than doubled the last one in china so all is good.

Also the increase for Pirates 4 hid the ticket sale decrease behind the 3D addition - something that 5 obviously didn't have.

Edited by narniadis

Is it weird that all of a sudden I kind of want to go see last knight Tuesday or Wednesday, not sure where this came from, I didn't like 4 at all and I don't think 5 will be any good either. What's wrong with me

• Like 5

Just now, MattW said:

Is it weird that all of a sudden I kind of want to go see last knight Tuesday or Wednesday, not sure where this came from, I didn't like 4 at all and I don't think 5 will be any good either. What's wrong with me

I'm in the same boat. I haven't even watched 4 but I just want to know what the fuck this movie is actually about. There's so many things going on in the trailers and I have no idea how they connect to each other. Curiosity is killing me.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MattW said:

26 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm in the same boat. I haven't even watched 4 but I just want to know what the fuck this movie is actually about. There's so many things going on in the trailers and I have no idea how they connect to each other. Curiosity is killing me.

Ditto. Plus, dat shifting aspect ratio has me uber curious.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Am I missing something? Aren't they present in literally every movie that contains any IMAX-native footage?

I think there are several different ratios that he uses which is changing frequently in shot to shot.

Usually there's like 2-3 different ratios, not 8 as seen in the trailers

• Like 1

Watching ROTF. Was looking at a map breaking the WGA strike?

This is actually stupider then I remembered on so many levels. 

I stand corrected. According to Google Maps you don't actually go through Israel to get from Petra to Giza. However, it is a 10 hour drive that involves a ferry across the Gulf of Aqaba. 

Edited by DeeCee

8 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This is not coming close to the billion, even $800m will be tough this time.

Well see. The fourth was pretty much despised and it hit a billion. 800 seems like a good number.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but the whole marketing campaign is giving me strong: Indiana Jones/National Treasure vibes.

:huh:

I don't see it. If anything it reminds me more of the first Transformers movie than any of the sequels which of course is worth getting hyped as hell over.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Well see. The fourth was pretty much despised and it hit a billion. 800 seems like a good number.

The problem here isn't if it will be a "bad" movie or don't, but the ER.

The fourth movie came a little before the ER collapse, and it still dropped in the whole Europe, and some Asian countries. What saved this movie OS was basically China and LA. This time, it can't count with LA to save the day since, even if it manage to increase in local currency, it will drop hard in $, Europe is locked to decrease even harder, and China will barely increase. It is looking at a POC5 situation, and you guys are setting yourself for disappointment if you think it will reach $1B.

• Like 2