Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Did you forget to take your meds this morning?  Bay is doing smaller scale films now, because he chooses to.  Christopher Nolan could have directed Pain and Gain and it would have done exactly what it did with Bay behind the camera.  Bay is one of the most successful directors of the last 20 years.  And that is a fact.  You can hate him his work, but to blatantly lie about his success is where I draw the line.

If he is a successful director, in what way is he a successful director? Commercially successful or in that his films have good quality. I've explained which ones are commercially successful and I pretty much established they weren't commercially successful because of him.

And if you look at Rotten Tomatoes scores for

• Pain and Gain
  • The Rock
  • 13 Hours: Benghazi
  • Armageddon
  • Pearl Harbor
  • Transformers 1-4
  • Bad Boys 1 & 2

Only The Rock has a score above 60%. And most of them are way below that level.

If you don't trust RT, look at Metacritic. Only The Rock and Transformers 1 is above 50/100.

My point is therefore that the films he has directed are not commercially successful (when and if they are) or have good quality (when and if they do) because of Michael Bay. If anything, he probably decreases the quality of anything he touches. Commercially, 3 of his films were successes in the distant past but now he's made nothing. And you can say he doesn't want to make blockbusters, but nothing suggests he could make a quality blockbuster if he wanted to.

Edited by Quigley

So critical success is what is needed to be successful?  :lol:

I can't debate this with you Quigley.  Sorry.  You don't make any sense and for me to continue on this conversation with someone who says that Bay isn't successful is akin to me saying the Potter films weren't successful.  You believe whatever you choose to.  You won't get an argument from me.  ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

We should collect every pro-Bay Baumer post in this forum's history and publish them. Guaranteed NY Times bestseller. 

Thank you.  I agree.

• Like 3

Hmm.....it will be interesting how it does box office-wise.

Could this one be the first $1B-grosser to not hit over $200M DOM? And how much will it do in China? Since the only Hollywood-blockbusters that earned over $300M in China, was TF4 (320M) & Furious 7 (390M).

And will this be a better received film than the last one? :thinking:

4 hours ago, Goffe said:

Bay is a flop outside of the Transformers movies, and he knows it. 

Bad Boys 1/2, The Rock and Armageddon say high. 

Even Pearl Harbor did pretty well. 

His only real box office disappointments are The Island, P&G and 13 Hours. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

This and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 are my most anticipated films for 2017

> Picking your most anticipated movies of 2017

> Not mentioning SW:XIII

ISHYGDDT 

B3lePrBCAAIzNOn.png

Not to mention Spider-Man, Thor, and John Wick.