Impact

2011 Best Picture Predicts

After seeing Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy I can understand why the critic groups and guilds haven't been more receptive of it. It's a very cold, clinical film that moves very deliberately with a sort of minimalist mindset.

I just saw a story on BBC News about animals getting Oscar recognition. And how the horse from War Horse and the dog from The Artist deserve nominations. Seriously.... that would be amazing.

I find that kind of weird to be honest.

How about we see motion capture performances get nominated? Andy Serkis was simply amazing as Gollum, King Kong, and Caesar -- deserves three nominations for his work as these characters, but has nothing to show for it.

Edited by ravon80

I've finally seen Bridesmaids. WTF? If this cliche and sometimes unfunny comedy receive just one nomination I will be very embarrassed. There are a lot of better comedies with more original plots, pace, characters and screenplay. And Melissa Mc Carthy? Why? It's a onedimensional role we all have seen before in so many films.

I can't see any academy member placing it in first place. So, al least, is out of the BP race.

On the other hand, I saw The Artist and it was an amazing cinematic experience. The best of the year so far. I have yet to see Hugo, Moneyball and War Horse. In Spain the three doesn't open until february. :angry:

Edited by stripe

I've finally seen Bridesmaids. WTF? If this cliche and sometimes unfunny comedy receive just one nomination I will be very embarrassed. There are a lot of better comedies with more original plots, pace, characters and screenplay. And Melissa Mc Carthy? Why? It's a onedimensional role we all have seen before in so many films.

I can't see any academy member placing it in first place. So, al least, is out of the BP race.

On the other hand, I saw The Artist and it was an amazing cinematic experience. The best of the year so far. I have yet to see Hugo, Moneyball and War Horse. In Spain the three doesn't open until february. :angry:

Agreed. I can see how it's getting Golden Globe love but Oscar nominations would be absurd.