The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

14 members have voted

1. 1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's weird how he's born a wrinkly baby then gets bigger while still being small... Like when you get to 90 years old I don't think you turn back into a baby :PWhoever his wife is was the best person. I love the scene about "If one thing had gone differently..."

It was long, boring, tedious. The only parts I enjoyed were when Cate was on screen. She is beautiful. The rest of the movie I was interested in. Some nice cinematography. I think it was trying to be the new forrest gump, but it didn't get there.C.

One of the most magnificent achievements of the last decade. I love the film. It's visually gorgeous, incredibly touching, and heartbreaking. I have yet to come across a film that had the effect of me seizing the day and living life to the fullest like Benjamin Button did. Easily one of my favorite films I have ever seen.

A+

Edited by Noctis

There was some nice acting so the film didn't get boring but the story as a whole was rather pointless. The telling of history through the eyes of someone standing outside (like an alien oder in this case B.B.) has potential (wasted in this film). Best moments were the intimate scenes with Pitt & Blanchett and watching Tilda Swinton is always a joy.

after all the comparisons to forrest gump, i wasn't expecting to like this at all. and there certainly is an overload of hokey hollywood sentimentality, but it isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be otherwise.

B-

Easily Fincher's most overrated film, and arguably his worst aside from A3.

How is this over rated? The movie's barely loved by anyone. People simply like it, and it's good enough for it to be deserved to be liked. It should be pretty worse for this to be considered over rated.

It seems a harsh label to describe this film given how much technical effort went into it, but "pointless" is the word that keeps coming to mind in the aftermath of watching this. It's a story about a pretty unremarkable guy and his unremarkable life with the gimmick of aging backwards being the only novelty about it, and the movie doesn't offer much real insight into how one would deal with the condition. David Fincher really wasn't the right guy to direct it as his cold, detached style really clashes with the fableistic tone the movie seemed to be trying to achieve.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2