Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: ANCHORMAN 2 8.1M/ It's in a glass case of emotion / Hobbit (4.855m) / CF (1.243m)

At the rate it's going, it'll hit $260m unless it deviates significantly from AUJ's legs (which it hasn't yet). Not that that's an amazing gross or anything, but it's definitely not "it's fucked" territory. That would have been something like sub-$200m domestic/$700m global.

He was once a good Christian boy, now look what you've all done to him.

Posted Image

• Like 1

7 THE HOT CHICK

Buena Vista

2,217 $1,496,546

8 STAR TREK: NEMESIS

Paramount

2,711 $1,271,009

Nemesis was on its 8th day and behind The Hot Chick. :lol:

Edited by SantA Architect!™
  • Like 2

I imagine the marketing budget is likely double the production budget, $50m is okay for a comedy and a sequel, $80-100m is IMO far too much unless you're a proven seller like Adam Sandler, The Other Guys was $100m as was Little Fockers although the former was quite action heavy plus had Ferrell and Wahlberg and the other was I'm guessing mostly salaries for Stiller and DeNiro. The most expensive comedy was How Do You Know with Paul Rudd, Owen Wilson, Jack Nicholson and Reese Witherspoon which cost $120m which bombed which didn't need to cost as much as it did.

most expensive comedy is Evan Almighty a Edited by Goffe Luvs 1D

So BO.com sources were wrong yet again???? HAHAHAHA No Shit.....

Worst BoxOffice Site Ever!!!!!!!!!!!

:stirthepot:

:ph34r:

I think Walter Mitty will be the hit with families this Christmas for ones not yet old enough for Hobbit.

Now the 2 films over Christmas that wont do well are Believe and Ronin.

The audience I watched it with seemed to enjoy Walter Mitty. But preview audience reactions are probably not the best indicator.

Didn't see it doing as well as most were saying. But don't panic yet-it moved to Wednesday at the last moment (Gee Paramount, you love to change dates at the last moment don't you?), as well as it is Christmas time.