Olive

Monday(12-23) numbers: Hobbit:DOS $7.82M, Frozen 7.24m, CF 2.28m

Fanny and Alexander, the movie I saw earlier, I actually something everyone should watch. An absolutely beautiful film. Rarely have three hours go by so quickly. I've gotten two additions to my Top 10 these last two days, which is nice.

Edited by Merry Xmas From JackNevada
  • Like 2

Is it a sports thing? Or are they just infamous assholes? I don't get the rivalries between universities.

Well the oldest rivalry is Missouri-Kansas and the origin of that was gangs of pro-slavery Missourians invading Kansas to hijack their statehood/constitution elections. Then Kansas retaliated with some abolitionists straight-up murdering some slaveholding families. Cue 4-5 years of intermittent murders, town raids, and pillaging. The two states just plain don't like one another.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 4

God, Feed the Birds is such a moving song. I need to watch Mary Poppins again. I know I loved it as a kid.

Haven't seen Mr. Banks yet, but Feed the Birds always made me cry when I was younger. Now though whenever I watch Mary Poppins, I cry at the end with Let's Go Fly a Kite. Beautiful movie that's become underrated nowadays, probably one of my favorite movie when I was younger.

• Like 2

And that was Saving Mr. Banks. Did I laugh? Yes, I did. Did I cry, a lot? Yes, I did. Is it totally schmaltzy and shameless and awful yet so wonderful at the same time? Yes, it was. Bravo. Four stars. 

Edited by Merry Xmas From JackNevada
  • Like 7

And that was Saving Mr. Banks. Did I laugh? Yes, I did. Did I cry, a lot? Yes, I did. Is it totally schmaltzy and shameless and awful yet so wonderful at the same time? Yes, it was. Bravo. Four stars. 

My "screening" of Saving Mr Banks arrived yesterday. Should check it out tomorrow  :ph34r:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1