Olive

Monday(12-23) numbers: Hobbit:DOS $7.82M, Frozen 7.24m, CF 2.28m

Still another 1 1/2 'til Christmas here.

Just got back from Frozen.... they put it back into the large theater and only about 15 people were there.  :lol:

For those putting off seeing it... try to get to it when it has some crowds... the movie is much funner when see with others.

• Like 1

Look at the last comparable year, 2002.  Frozen's jump is normal.  It will have a 45-55% drop on Christmas Day.

I wouldn't call it normal as Treasure Planet and Santa Claus 2 weren't making anywhere near Frozen so this jump is mighty impressive at much much higher gross. I also expect it to have a great Christmas Day unlike those movies. 

I wouldn't call it normal as Treasure Planet and Santa Claus 2 weren't making anywhere near Frozen so this jump is mighty impressive at much much higher gross. I also expect it to have a great Christmas Day unlike those movies.

After looking back at the what was playing in 2002 maybe a closer comp for the holiday weeks would be CoS or Wild Thornberrys.

Still another 1 1/2 'til Christmas here.

Just got back from Frozen.... they put it back into the large theater and only about 15 people were there.  :lol:

For those putting off seeing it... try to get to it when it has some crowds... the movie is much funner when see with others.

Yeah, evening on x-mas eve isn't the best time. I was at the theater to see AH and business was brisk around 2:30 , and the 2:35 Frozen was sold out, but as I was leaving around 5 pm it was much quieter and the crowds were pretty sparse.

who doesnt want to watch leo on xmas day ! yummy 

i'm bored , going to go out in town see what i do , hope weather holds up 

it was absolutely shitty yesterday raining cats and dogs 

well Leo is good too see everyday

but Idk abt hookers & other errrm not so Christmasy elements :D

same with all the rain

pretty disgusting here  <_<

Guys remember when I said Frozen had a chance of outgrossing DoS this weekend and y'all all doubted me?Kind of like my Frozen > Smaug club a while back but more backlash.Yeah, it's not guaranteed yet, but Smaug is going down.I would shit bricks though if Frozen could outgross DM2