CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers Age of Extinction: 1.05B (300 mil in China!!)

Even China +  DOM do 500m. Rest markets all drop in the 30% ~ 50% (Europe, Japan, AU) range. do the math, it is heading to 900m at the most.

Even 800m is not safe.

YouI're making sweeping projections based off a very small data sample. I see no reason why other markets should drop that much, especially Europe and Latin America. They never watched the first two movies. Franchise fatigue should not be an issue there.

• Like 2

Even China +  DOM do 500m. Rest markets all drop in the 30% ~ 50% (Europe, Japan, AU) range. do the math, it is heading to 900m at the most. Even 800m is not safe.

Okay you're WAAAAAY overreacting. $800M is locked, $900M is probable, $1B is 50/50.
  • Like 2

Even China +  DOM do 500m. Rest markets all drop in the 30% ~ 50% (Europe, Japan, AU) range. do the math, it is heading to 900m at the most.

Even 800m is not safe.

Why exactly are you expecting 50% drops in pretty much all major markets? There is nothing to indicate this. Let's wait until mid-July until it's playing in those markets and see. I am not comfortable making such drastic assumptions about its drops.

• Like 1

Christ, theater owners in Portugal should just fucking give up and close up shop.

But, then how would CJohn watch movies? They need to stay open for at least his sake.  :lol:

Edited by Empire
  • Like 4

That midnight number for China is wrong. In the China forum they say it made 20.5M yuan / $3.3M. Still a record for midnight (prior record is IM3 at 12.4M yuan / $2.1M).

Nevertheless, I think it is a foregone conclusion that $1B is out of the question. NA will drop at least $100M from TF3, my guess is $115M drop (total will be $237M). China may earn $50M more than TF3. It must lose another $60M from the rest of the world to drop below $1B and I think the World Cup can make that happen, because Europe would decrease anyway and now there are many Latin American countries still playing in the World Cup so Latin America will also see a decrease (in some countries it opens on the weekend of the World Cup final and third place match). Asia is not enough to compensate. In the countries that it opens after the World Cup finishes, it will be too close to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which I believe will be very successful.

Edited by Quigley

I think the World Cup can make that happen

i hope so  B)  With such games-thrillers with actual biting Imo I see how ppl may prefer to actually watch men kicking the ball around to giant robot distruction

Loving the overseas #s for this so far. Glad it is underperforming. 

i like how ppl can come together in hopes of a film bombing  :P  :hi5:

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

i hope so  B)  With such games-thrillers with actual biting Imo I see how ppl may prefer to actually watch men kicking the ball around to giant robot distruction

i like how ppl can come together in hopes of a film bombing  :P  :hi5:

They should of surely delayed release in Europe till after the world cup even thou loads of big European nations are out already England, Italy, Spain, Russia extc still stupid to put any movie up against the world cup in Europe.

Still doing bad thou but hardly a flop if it does over $900 mil ww.