CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers Age of Extinction: 1.05B (300 mil in China!!)

Did any other TF movie open on wednesday. This drop is typical. It could still open close to 2.5M right. Something like 350/700/650 for rest of the weekend.

TF1 opened on Thursday, the rest all opened on Wednesday 

• Like 1

Technically, I do have to say that Maleficent (already over every superhero movie release this year :lol: ), A Million Ways (biggest comedy of the year) and Fault in Our Stars (53000 tickets sold in 7 days, only 30000 from the weekend, a remarkable number and a bigger opening than Divergent) are all big hits over here in the space of 3 weeks. So TF4 doing those numbers in mid Summer, it is not very good.

Edited by CJohn

Technically, I do have to say that Maleficent (already over every superhero movie release this year :lol: ), A Million Ways (biggest comedy of the year) and Fault in Our Stars (53000 tickets sold in 7 days, only 30000 from the weekend, a remarkable number and a bigger opening than Divergent) are all big hits over here in the space of 3 weeks. So TF4 doing those numbers in mid Summer, it is not very good.

I take it that people who're going to see movies in your country are mostly girls?

I take it that people who're going to see movies in your country are mostly girls?

You think the main audience of A Million Ways to Die in the West is girls?  :blink:

(But yes, they do tend to go much more than boys)

Why does your country suck?

Lax on piracy? Portugese don't seem like they have very discerning taste if Maleficent and Million Ways are the top performers. Yuck.

Why does your country suck?

Lax on piracy? Portugese don't seem like they have very discerning taste if Maleficent and Million Ways are the top performers. Yuck.

The true top performers of the year so far are Rio 2 (265000 tickets sold, huge decrease from the 400000 the first sold), Wolf of Wall Street, 12 Years a Slave, Noah and LEGO Movie, by that order. Maleficent should surpass LEGO Movie soon, tho. 

Piracy is gigantic. It killed theaters over here.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1