CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers Age of Extinction: 1.05B (300 mil in China!!)

Transformers punched on TASM2 for stealing its opening weekend record from Dark of the Moon this year. AOE won back by a huge margin of RM5mil in Msia, thanks to additions of more midnight shows and early shows at 930am. Opening weekend at RM20mil, the first film to open over that number and it has grossed more than what Godzilla and X-Men did here.

• Like 3

Transformers is on its way to a billion again.  This is a franchise that has declined but that is only natural after 4 films.  But it's still doing very well.  Good to see imo.

• Like 2

I wonder if TF4 can still gross more in China than in North America since it's opening in NA was bigger than in China.

I think it will since its legs will probably be better in China than in North America.

• Like 1

Does it have opened in the same markets than TF3? If this is true, and if we do not have into account China, TF3 opened to 165 million and this one to 100, more or less. Even if China makes 75-100 million more than 3rd movie and considering that in US it will drop by 100 million relative to previous one, I do not see the billion possible. Correct me if I am wrong... I would see this finishing at 850-900

Edited by peludo

Does it have opened in the same markets than TF3? If this is true, and if we do not have into account China, TF3 opened to 165 million and this one to 100, more or less. Even if China makes 75-100 million more than 3rd movie and considering that in US it will drop by 100 million relative to previous one, I do not see the billion possible. Correct me if I am wrong... I would see this finishing at 850-900

It didn't open in the same markets at all, TF3 didn't open in China yet, but did open in most of Europe and Latin America instead, so there is no comparison to be made.

It didn't open in the same markets at all, TF3 didn't open in China yet, but did open in most of Europe and Latin America instead, so there is no comparison to be made.

I have just realized of this. I said nothing. My mistake

Paramount said that it opened in 60% of overseas market.If 60% made 200, 100% would make 333,33 first weekend international.In general, You can project 3 times first weekend, but I think TF4 is front load, then I will go with 2,6 x first weekend. Then 866,65 million overseas.With 260 USA, it'll do, sadly, at least 1,1 billion and will have more awfuls Transformers Movies.

Paramount said that it opened in 60% of overseas market.If 60% made 200, 100% would make 333,33 first weekend international.In general, You can project 3 times first weekend, but I think TF4 is front load, then I will go with 2,6 x first weekend. Then 866,65 million overseas.With 260 USA, it'll do, sadly, at least 1,1 billion and will have more awfuls Transformers Movies.

60% does not necessarily mean 60% for this film, China is clearly going to make more than it normally would for instance.

It's 60% for this film. Paramount taked what TF3 made in this markets and saw they made 60% of T3.Asia love this kind of movie. Then, Ásia makes more for TF than for a drama or other kind of movie.Cause TF4 only opened in three of the 10 big markets.It still has to open in France, Brazil, Mexico, UK, Spain, Italy and Germany.

It's 60% for this film. Paramount taked what TF3 made in this markets and saw they made 60% of T3.Asia love this kind of movie. Then, Ásia makes more for TF than for a drama or other kind of movie.Cause TF4 only opened in three of the 10 big markets.It still has to open in France, Brazil, Mexico, UK, Spain, Italy and Germany.

I expect the China percent of OS to be much higher for TF4 than TF3, so if the 60% is based on TF3, then it fits in with what I said.