Italy  29

Russia  30

SK   68

Japan 74

China ???

English speaking countries are different

Edited by Rudolf
  • Like 4

The Lego Movie has sold 1,51M units DVD and BluRay in first week of release in USA. It is a good number but far away from other animated blockbusters opening week like Frozen (7,15M units) and Desplicable Me 2 (4,93M units).

You just know how to talk about Frozen?

I get your hate. I disliked TLM as well.

But this is a unfair comparison. Frozen was the most popular animated movie of last year, and Despicable Me 2 is a sequel. Why TLM, that only earn half of the box office of them, have to be required to reach to that number?

Edited by xSabrinax

You just know how to talk about Frozen? I get your hate. I disliked TLM as well.But this is one unfair comparison. Frozen was the most popular animated movie of last year, and Despicable Me 2 is a sequel. Why TLM, that only earn half the box office of them, have to be required to reach to that number?

We are talking about USA, where TLM si largely the highest grossing animated and the 2nd highest grossing movie this year. It also was a pop culture phenomenon here. So the comparison is right. By the way Frozen is the most popular animated movie ..... of all time.
  • Like 1

We are talking about USA, where TLM si largely the highest grossing animated and the 2nd highest grossing movie this year. It also was a pop culture phenomenon here. So the comparison is right.By the way Frozen is the most popular animated movie ..... of all time.

Not realy, adjusted it's far behind other animation movie, go check the list on Boxofficemojo

I don't know if they will be talking about frozen in 50 years like they do with snow white.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

Snow

Not realy, adjusted it's far behind other animation movie, go check the list on Boxofficemojo

I don't know if they will be talking about frozen in 50 years like they do with snow white.

Snow White is a 1937 movie. So..

No VCR

No DVD

No Bluray

No Digital Download

No VOD

No rentals

No internet

No piracy

No dozens of Tv channels

No competition in animation market

Only Cinemas

Not realy, adjusted it's far behind other animation movie, go check the list on BoxofficemojoI don't know if they will be talking about frozen in 50 years like they do with snow white.

Snow White was the FIRST animated feature film in the U.S., and one of the first animated feature films overall. Of course people are still talking about it.

It's also a know story, just like the lion king, the beathy and the beast. The sleeping beauty, and so on. We bought them all on dvd when I was a child, I won't buy frozen for my childeren, it's so so. Those that I mentioned are the real ones. 

Edited by pepsa

It's also a know story, just like the lion king, the beathy and the beast. The sleeping beauty, and so on. We bought them all on dvd when I was a child, I won't buy frozen for my childeren, it's so so. Those that I mentioned are the real ones. 

Frozen is a known story right now. Many kids bought Frozen's DVD or Blu-Ray, it's just like what you did when you were a kid. I'm sure Frozen will still be known in 50 years, it's a Disney animated film. People won't forget Disney princess films that easily, Disney won't allow that.

• Like 1

We are talking about USA, where TLM si largely the highest grossing animated and the 2nd highest grossing movie this year. It also was a pop culture phenomenon here. So the comparison is right.By the way Frozen is the most popular animated movie ..... of all time.

That's why is not a fair comparison. 

If so I'll start comparing all the movies releasing with Avatar numbers.

• Like 1