druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Expected and ok numbers for everything. WOWS should get to 100 or very close to it. For such a controversial movie, thats pretty respectable. Another 100m hit for Marty and DiCaprio. What kind of internal multipliers are expected for the weekend?

Looking at 2002,

1. Frozen 22m (-21.4%)

2. PA 17m (multiplier : a gentleman's 2 :ph34r: )

3. DoS 16.5m (-42.1%)

4. WoWS 13.5m (-26.4%)

5. AH 13m (-30.4%)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Enchanted was a great movie. :D    and Amy Adams pulled off the perfect live action old school Disney Princess :lol:

In all seriousness.  I enjoyed Enchanted.

However they spent the 1st 2 acts making fun and mocking the typical Disney Princess 'true love' story lines then got all serious in the 3rd act and went ahead and followed the Disney recipe. 

• Like 1

However they spent the 1st 2 acts making fun and mocking the typical Disney Princess 'true love' story lines then got all serious in the 3rd act and went ahead and followed the Disney recipe. 

I don't think their mocking the Disney playbook.  But more like a comedic version Once Upon a Time mixed with action at the end.  

• Like 1

I don't think their mocking the Disney playbook.  But more like a comedic version Once Upon a Time mixed with action at the end.  

While being quite a bit better than OUaT, to boot.

For a company that has some pretty on-the-ball feature production divisions, Disney's television units sure do churn out aggressively mediocre shows.

• Like 1

I think what Andy is saying is that thematically it didn't make sense that they ended up with the same formula despite making so many jokes about it in the first two acts. Frozen is far better as it has a story in the first two halves instead of just coming across as a "Disney princess parody" unlike Enchanted, and yet the climax was a total subversion of the fairytale trope.

• Like 1

What's the record for longest gap between #1 finishes?

Interesting question.

Looks like it's ET.

Was #1 on Oct 15-17(1,346 theaters) and then again 5 weekends later on Nov 26-28(1,337 theaters)

Though the theater count is similar, it fluctuates in-between http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=et.htm

I just went through the weekends of top 10 films in this chart http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/bestranked.htm?page=WKNDSAT1&p=.htm

So Frozen should have the record

EDIT: So Frozen will miss tying the record by a couple of weeks.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

For a company that has some pretty on-the-ball feature production divisions, Disney's television units sure do churn out aggressively mediocre shows.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know how the Disney executives feel comfortable allowing their name on some of that trash. I watched a bit of Disney Chanel with my nephew the other day... Boy it's really fallen apart. Edited by rustyspoons89

Couldn't agree more. I don't know how the Disney executives feel comfortable allowing their name on some of that trash. I watched a bit of Disney Chanel with my nephew the other day... Boy it's really fallen apart.

Heh, I wasn't even thinking about stuff on the Disney Channel. I used to watch it as background noise when I was working nights, mostly to see Kim Possible. My co-worker and I had some fun discussion how we were completely not the target market for the shows they had, for the most part. I've no idea what it's like, now.

While being quite a bit better than OUaT, to boot.For a company that has some pretty on-the-ball feature production divisions, Disney's television units sure do churn out aggressively mediocre shows.

With one glorious exception.

well to each their own I guess

but for me as a person who cant care less abt Disney princess themed movies I was pretty surprised how much I enjoyed Enchanted & still a pleasure to rewatch :wub: while Frozen felt like same old sh

btw great u enjoyed Dallas Buyers Club Jack!

will have to wait for February :(

Edited by Tauriel

Interesting question.

Looks like it's ET.

Was #1 on Oct 15-17(1,346 theaters) and then again 5 weekends later on Nov 26-28(1,337 theaters)

Though the theater count is similar, it fluctuates in-between http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=et.htm

I just went through the weekends of top 10 films in this chart http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/bestranked.htm?page=WKNDSAT1&p=.htm

So Frozen should have the record

EDIT: So Frozen will miss tying the record by a couple of weeks.

Yeah, ET was my thought.

Frozen might be #2 on that list, though.

Frozen is having a crazy run. A 20m+ weekend will lock 350m and give it a shot at DM2 number.

Yeah. Tangled had an inflated Jan weekend of 9.8m(+52.5% over previous weekend) cause new years eve was Friday. It still add 33m (9.8 * 3.367) more to it's run post holidays. Frozen's weekend is going to be normal/non-inflated coming down from last weekend. So it has a good chance to replicate the 3.367 multiplier (3.367 * 21 = 70...+ 298 = 368). It's legs have been far better than Tangled so far.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

They never mocked it. It was more of an affectionate spoof. 

So again, 20 Pages of Off Topic you have to go through to find some numbers.

Sorry guys, this is just not fair and I will say it again and again.

I thought this was a message board for everyone

Very nice friday for frozen, though and of cours, the horror movie in january isn't flopping. Nothing new here.

That was hilarious. Australia got 7 runs off 1 ball.

No offence to the english on this forum.. but their cricketers are hilarious at the moment.... hilarously bad ;)