druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Frozen will need 6.2m on Sunday to make it to 21.5m

That's a 27% Sunday drop. I feel that's a bit optimistic. 21m seems more like it (-33% Sunday).

Yeah, maybe a bit optimistic, but I'm hoping the reports of the weather improving will help the Sunday drop compensate for the soft Saturday bumps.. B)

Frozen will need 6.2m on Sunday to make it to 21.5m

That's a 27% Sunday drop. I feel that's a bit optimistic. 21m seems more like it (-33% Sunday).

CoS had a 27% drop. Treasure Planet had a 25% drop.

I think we're probalby looking at a range of 20.8-21.6 for the weekend, depending on if the Sunday drop is closer to 25% (TP) or 35% (Wild Thornberries.)

DOS can't even reach 17m? Just can't catch a break

They said it's Friday would be 4.8-5 and the studio estimates put it at 5.12

Sat is estimated at 6.8-7.

If the number is around 7.2 tomorrow, I think it has a shot at 17. Sunday needs to be 4.7(-35%, a relatively soft drop due to better weather maybe)

Even 16.5 would put it just 5% less than AUJ's weekend of 17.5...that actually will make this it's closest weekend to AUJ.

Edited by a2knet

I hope Frozen can still pull of a weekend win.

But Paramount knows the audience for terrible horror movies... Hispanic families love them and making one about Hispanic characters and not just caricatures works well for them. I'm surprised there haven't been many more Hispanic-targeted horror movies. Back in 2006-07 I used to see lots of Mexican families taking their kids to see Saw 3 and Hostel 2... disturbed me, but I might just be a close-minded whinebag.

Frozen will win the weekend for sure but it won't hit 300 mill and there is no point in Disney fudging it by more than a million.  

Monday drops will be in the 70-80% range.  Back to work for everyone, even lazy government employees.

I'm wiping the tears away again right now as I just finished watching Titanic with cast and crew commentary.  It's Pavlovian at this point, I hear Titanic music and my eyes water.

• Like 4