Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

I agree with the comments above that it looks much like the 'Dawn' movie. I got too excited at first when the trailers and images were release for 'Dawn' because I'm a big fan of 'Rise' (Cesar and Franco's relationship was pure). 'Dawn' turned out basic for me especially the chaotic battle scene at the end of the movie. I'm still hopeful that 'War' will outdo 'Dawn' or even get on the same level as 'Rise'

• Like 1

One of Dawn's main missteps was focus on the bland human family. War doesn't appear to have such extraneous characters though Caesar bonding with Fanning clone is worrisome. It's as if the studio still din't get the memo that fans and general audience want ape interactions and not human ones. Apes are the heart and the reason why this franchise is a hit. 

Edited by Valonqar

According to Commingsoon's set visit report it's not just a straight up war movie with a bunch of fighting. 

Apparently it turns into a very small, personal movie that eventually comes down to Caesar vs Harrelson's character. 

The producer said that their influences were Eastwoods Unforgiven and David Leach movies. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

According to Commingsoon's set visit report it's not just a straight up war movie with a bunch of fighting. 

Apparently it turns into a very small, personal movie that eventually comes down to Caesar vs Harrelson's character. 

The producer said that their influences were Eastwoods Unforgiven and David Leach movies. 

So bait and switch marketing. Attracts crowd that thinks it's getting a spectacle but alienates crowd that wants exactly the kind of movie described above. 

• Like 2

This has got to be the most breathtaking reboot of a series ever. The VFX is simply out of this world. It sucks how neither apes movie won the oscar or vfx. Crime. Best trailer released this week. 

This will go down slightly from Dawn because i know many who didn't like Dawn as much as Rise. Expecting 180-190 domestically and 450-550 OS.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I personally loved Dawn, it was one of my favorite movies of 2014. I'm looking forward to this one!

I didn't watch Rise or Dawn until last year (....had no idea they existed until then....) and they're both so engrossing, it was like being excited for a football game in my house.

• Like 2

Such a great trailer. Dawn was much better than Rise imo. Deeper and more mature.

This one looks like it's following the same path even though i'm a bit concerned that it does feel like it's recycling a lot of stuff from the previous film.

I'm watching it either way since it looks awesome and i can see it grossing a bit more than Dawn.

• Like 1

If there are any of you who doesn't know who that young girl in the WFTPOTA trailer is.....I'll give you a tip since I checked on IMDB. Her name is Amiah Miller. That's the actress's real name.

You would probably know that she was in Lights Out, that came out this summer. :)

Honestly, I dunno where those "Dakota Fanning"-comparisons are coming from, since here's the thing. Dakota is 22 years old, lol. And this is the mid-2010's.... So why the comparison? :P

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34