ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

Apparently Fox's last weekend over $15m was The Wolverine. Damn. 

In their defense, Walter Mitty would have probably made over 15M if it opened on a Friday.

Still, they only released crap since Wolverine. FOX is a shit studio.

Edited by CJohn

In their defense, Walter Mitty would have probably made over 15M if it opened on a Friday.

Still, they only released crap since Wolverine. FOX is a shit studio.

Fox have Son of God (which will probably do really well compared to its budget), Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Rio 2, X-Men and HTTYD2 coming up. Not a bad slate.

Fox have Son of God (which will probably do really well compared to its budget), Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Rio 2, X-Men and HTTYD2 coming up. Not a bad slate.

Son of God is going to bomb. It is the tv show The Bible, but made into a 2 hour movie. Nobody is paying to see that.

Edited by CJohn

Son of God is going to bomb. It is the tv show The Bible, but made into a 2 hour movie. Nobody is paying to see that.

That show had 14 million viewers. A lot of potential viewers for the movie. Especially since a lot of church congregations will but tickets in bulk. Noah will also benefit similarly, but Noah of course has a much larger break-even than Son of God, which has no budget effectively.

I will say this: the people in front of me in line were going to August: Osage County but ended up arriving at the wrong time. They ended up seeing Her instead, thinking "it's supposed to be a cute romance that was nominated for Oscars." They made a good decision IMO 

I will say this: the people in front of me in line were going to August: Osage County but ended up arriving at the wrong time. They ended up seeing Her instead, thinking "it's supposed to be a cute romance that was nominated for Oscars." They made a good decision IMO 

That's like choosing to get a massage after arriving at the wrong time to be punched in the face.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 4

Of course, how much can it bomb when the production costs are little more than an editor and some post production. Not like they made a new movie here.