Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

• Founder / Operator

The only problem is Captain America 2 will cut legs. 

Maybe... I don't know, though. They're kinda going for different crowds. Noah will be adult-heavy, but Cap is going for the younger crowd. I think they can co-exist.

Edited by ShawnMR

I was talking about more recent examples like Surrogates, RIPD, Priest, The Losers..

2 Guns and Oblivion did okay but those were fueled by major star power.

You didn't really make that clear in your post no offense.

Maybe... I don't know, though. They're kinda going for different crowds. Noah will be adult-heavy, but Cap is going for the younger crowd. I think they can co-exist.

Cap is basically going for the general audience, not just the younger crowd (like all of Marvels movies).

Edited by Fancyarcher

• Founder / Operator

Cap is basically going for the general audience, not just the younger crowd (like all of Marvels movies).

I'm definitely not saying Cap isn't for the general audience, but relative to the general audience Noah is going for, they don't have enough overlap for one to prevent the other from having a good run. Cap has the young audience to fall back on after opening weekend; Noah has the church crowds to fall back on. 

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

How much does the name of the movie matter?

Assuming apart from the name everything else is the same, do you think:

a) I, Spiderman would make more/less/same as Spiderman

b ) I, Thor vs Thor

c) I, Captain America vs Captain Amercia

d) I, Superman vs Superman

e).....you know where this is going

Not that "Frankestien" would have had bigger/smaller bo by much..but I do think it matters at least a tiny bit, for good or bad.

Edited by a2knet

Posted ImageNikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke4h

Early Friday Box Office: Opener 'I Frankenstein' (LGate - 2753 runs) looking $4M-$5M today with $11M-$14M weekend.

Posted ImageNikki Finke ‏@NikkiFinke4h

Early Friday Box Office: #1 again is holdover 'Ride Along' (Uni - 2759 runs) for $5M-$6M today and $17M-$18M wkd

Edited by a2knet

I'm definitely not saying Cap isn't for the general audience, but relative to the general audience Noah is going for, they don't have enough overlap for one to prevent the other from having a good run. Cap has the young audience to fall back on after opening weekend; Noah has the church crowds to fall back on. 

Yeah, except Noah is being more audience friendly, considering it has a big budget and features better known actors than your average Christian film.

I think a lot of Christians will see it, but I also think some of the general audience will show up as well.

• Like 1

Wow! Potential for a massive second weekend drop for Ride Along.

Wow! Potential for a massive second weekend drop for Ride Along.

18m would be a 56.6% drop. I wouldn't call it massive. It's a big drop certainly, but massive would be a Cloverfield like 12m weeknd (-68% from 40m ow)