Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

Yeah, Van Helsing had a solid marketing campaign and production value. I was excited and on top of that...it had a great hook. I WANTED it to be good. Big budget monster mash, he'll yeah. I still would like to see a good movie trading off that idea.This? Who asked for this? Modern day Frankenstein, cept, it has nothing to do with Frankenstein?Seriously, wtf?

When I first heard there was going to be a Frankenstein movie, I thought it was going to be based off of the book which I was excited for. Then, I see the trailer and I'm just like: wtf is this? Clearly I must have skipped a bunch of chapters :lol:

Van Helsing was a big dissapointment. I was pumped as the cast looked good, trailer looked good, only for it to just sink.

Van Helsing was a big dissapointment. I was pumped as the cast looked good, trailer looked good, only for it to just sink.

Van Helsing is a perfect example of what happens when you bring tons of money, tons of talented production and CG artists and let a director with the vision of an 8 year old lead.Stephen Sommers...you suck.
  • Like 3

Van Helsing is a perfect example of what happens when you bring tons of money, tons of talented production and CG artists and let a director with the vision of an 8 year old lead.

Stephen Sommers...you suck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Helsing_%28film%29

"In May 2012 Universal Pictures announced that they are rebooting the film with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci as a two-year deal to produce a modern reimagining and Tom Cruise to star as the title character and also produce the film.[4]Rupert Sanders is in talks to direct the film.[5] Orci spoken to IGN that he has hinted that both The Mummy and Van Helsing reboots will have a Shared Universe. [6][7]"

The Van Helsing reboot will be another disaster. :ph34r:

Edited by Mojoguy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Helsing_%28film%29

"In May 2012 Universal Pictures announced that they are rebooting the film with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci as a two-year deal to produce a modern reimagining and Tom Cruise to star as the title character and also produce the film.[4]Rupert Sanders is in talks to direct the film.[5] Orci spoken to IGN that he has hinted that both The Mummy and Van Helsing reboots will have a Shared Universe. [6][7]"

The Van Helsing reboot will be another disaster. :ph34r:

Fuck. Me.

• Like 2

Van Helsing is in the same realm of LXG in terms of incredible shittiness. One is about a mashup of movie monsters, the other is a mashup of literary heroes.

And they both have Richard Roxburgh.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Bruce Dern yet, but it would be a fucking shame if Chiwetel Ejiofor doesn't win the Oscar. Same for Michael Fassbender. 12 Years a Slave actually has pretty flawless performances from everyone. 

I honestly didn't see the appeal of Chiwetel's performance. I mean, he was alright but it's not like "HOLY SHIT, no one else could've owned that role like Chiwetel!"

• Like 3