Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

I still remember than Nolan reused half the cast of Inception for TDKR. Talk about lazy! :lol:

Also surprisingly the film lacks British actors (aside from Michael Caine and a few others).

I guess Nolan is trying to embrace the American in him now (he is half-American after all).

Edited by Fancyarcher

They needed Kate Beckinsale. Van Helsing  was also a mostly shit movie but she helped save it.

Oh god no she didn't. Tight outfits? No. Horrible accent? Yes.Van Helsing was a disaster.Underworld though? Eh, I enjoyed them. Unfortunately, Eckhart isn't fuckin sexy wearing tight leather so, this movie doesn't fly.

Underworld though? Eh, I enjoyed them. Unfortunately, Eckhart isn't fuckin sexy wearing tight leather so, this movie doesn't fly.

Guys don't care about a shirtless Echhart, and the female audience typically rolls their eyes at these terrible CGI action flicks.

At least those bad Underworld movies had Kate Beckinsale. :lol:

• Like 1

Oh god no she didn't. Tight outfits? No. Horrible accent? Yes.Van Helsing was a disaster.Underworld though? Eh, I enjoyed them. Unfortunately, Eckhart isn't fuckin sexy wearing tight leather so, this movie doesn't fly.

Her accent was beyond horrible but I am sure she helped with the box office. The movie had a price tag of $160 million and it made $300 million Worldwide so that's not very good but hardly a disaster.

Her accent was beyond horrible but I am sure she helped with the box office. The movie had a price tag of $160 million and it made $300 million Worldwide so that's not very good but hardly a disaster.

It wasn't a complete box office disaster. Though I don't think her presence mattered much of anything. Movie had a large campaign, trailers looked ...well, they showed some potential. But universal was banking on a franchise starting hit. It definitely failed that.That being said...in terms of filmmaking quality, I've no qualms calling it an outright disaster. It's truly a horrible movie. That 2.3 multiplier says it all. Edited by kowhite

Yeah, Van Helsing was pretty bad. Couldn't do much to save that one, same goes for this one. Difference though was that Van Helsing looked to be good vs. this always looked like shit.

Edited by k1stpierre

Yeah, Van Helsing was pretty bad. Couldn't do much to save that one, same goes for this one. Difference though was that Van Helsing looked to be good vs. this always looked like shit.

Yeah, Van Helsing had a solid marketing campaign and production value. I was excited and on top of that...it had a great hook. I WANTED it to be good. Big budget monster mash, he'll yeah. I still would like to see a good movie trading off that idea.This? Who asked for this? Modern day Frankenstein, cept, it has nothing to do with Frankenstein?Seriously, wtf? Edited by kowhite

Yeah, Van Helsing was pretty bad. Couldn't do much to save that one, same goes for this one. Difference though was that Van Helsing looked to be good vs. this always looked like shit.

Van Helsing pissed me off so much. I'm glad it didn't kill Jackman's career considering how bad it was. :wacko:

• Like 1