Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

I gotta give MOS another watch to really see how I feel. My gf wont even understand the credits so thatll be the popcorn movie, and I havent seen Millers, but its the #2 comedy of the year so i gotta check it out. Havent seen Mud, Butler, Heat, or SN either so those will interesting. And "fuck yes" to CP is right. Im surprised it its alreadu on RD, but idc I'm stoked. My 3rd favorite movie from last year. Really wish Greengrass wouldve gotten a director nom. And yeah I'll check on BJ and Fruitvale when I return these. Is Before Midnight good? And is Lone Ranger, Wolverine, and Elysium popcorn fun or just complete shit?

A. Before Midnight is beyond wonderful. 

B. Lone Ranger is shit but it's interesting shit, like the kind that comes out with a weird color. There's definitely some artistry to it but it is

outrageously long and nowhere near as much fun as it ought to be. 

C. Wolverine is pretty boring. I don't remember much from it. 

D. Elysium is total rehash garbage with zero original ideas. Everything stinks from the placeholder dialogue to the stupid ending to Sharlto Copley's freakshow villain. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 2

I gotta give MOS another watch to really see how I feel. My gf wont even understand the credits so thatll be the popcorn movie, and I havent seen Millers, but its the #2 comedy of the year so i gotta check it out. Havent seen Mud, Butler, Heat, or SN either so those will interesting. And "fuck yes" to CP is right. Im surprised it its already on RB, but idc I'm stoked. My 3rd favorite movie from last year. Really wish Greengrass wouldve gotten a director nom. And yeah I'll check on BJ and Fruitvale when I return these. Is Before Midnight good? And is Lone Ranger, Wolverine, and Elysium popcorn fun or just complete shit?

Before Midnight is fantastic, but you should absolutely see the previous two films if you haven't. They are just as great if not better.

Lone Ranger is heavily flawed and not always fun, but also ambitious and weird and unlike most summer blockbusters that usually get released. Wolverine is decent for the first two thirds, then becomes yet another entirely forgettable comic book CGI fest. Elysium is near-complete shit, but hey, at least it's rated R and Sharlto Copley gets to chew some scenery. But that's just my opinion

• Like 2

ELYSIUM isn't anywhere near the shitfest that people claim it is. It's messy and sloppy and rather simpleminded, but not so terrible. Worth a watch just for the production design and Sharlto going all weirdo.

Also worth a watch for Jodie Foster's bourgeois faux French accent that goes in and out.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Bruce Dern yet, but it would be a fucking shame if Chiwetel Ejiofor doesn't win the Oscar. Same for Michael Fassbender. 12 Years a Slave actually has pretty flawless performances from everyone. 

Edited by Jack Nevada

I'm only rooting for Nyong'o really. Ejiofor and Fassbender were both excellent but not the greatest performances I saw last year.

Not necessarily the greatest performances for me either but out of the nominees they're easily the best. Especially Ejiofor. His was the most impressive male performance I saw from last year, actually. 

Edited by Jack Nevada

If I were an Oscar voter I'd totally vote for Jonah Hill. Fuck it, why not?

It'll be perfect sequel fodder for This is the End.

'Dear God, it's Academy Award Winner Jonah Hill....from Moneyball Wolf of Wall Street'

• Like 2