grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

I might do this or BatB tomorrow. Haven't decided yet.

Ghost in the Shell, it's something new with groundbreaking visuals. Beauty and the Beast it's just another Disney adaptation made for kids that rides the same nostalgia train. After seeing this one, everyone went back to the original.

3 hours ago, Marcus Cato said:

Ghost in the Shell, it's something new with groundbreaking visuals. Beauty and the Beast it's just another Disney adaptation made for kids that rides the same nostalgia train. After seeing this one, everyone went back to the original.

That's exactly what people will do after watching this one.

• Like 1

I liked it. I would say it's good but not excellent. Although there's action it's definitely not action packed. Visually it's fantastic and the world building is well done.  On the whole I thought it told the story fairly well. 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 6

Fresh reviews for GITS! YEAH! We've had some really solid/praised movies this year. Split, Get Out, Lego, Logan, JW2... Even possible turds like Kong or GITS have received nice reviews. And BATB had also good reviews.

Even PR has almost a 50% RT, which is incredible for this kind of film

51 minutes ago, RedX said:

That's a good thing for this obscure property 

Its definitely not that obscure and has been pretty influential. Most people I know have at least heard of the property before. It was the first anime I watched outside of morning cartoons.

46 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I liked it. I would say it's good but not excellent. Although there's action it's definitely not action packed. Visually it's fantastic and the world building is well done.  On the whole I thought it told the story fairly well. 

So we have our first successful anime adaption. Though Edge of Tomorrow is based on a manga, so could argue that was first.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1