The Panda

BoxOffice.com's Official 25 Most Overrated Movies Post-2000

My list will be controversial but this is work in progress (in order now)Twilight

There is no way Twilight can make it on this list as it is almost universally considered awful.If twilight is actually only the second worst franchise of all time, it means it is underrated not over, and I despise these films.

There is no way Twilight can make it on this list as it is almost universally considered awful.If twilight is actually only the second worst franchise of all time, it means it is underrated not over, and I despise these films.

How is an 800m grosser considered 'universally awful'?? Geeks and guys don't like the films but you have to appreciate that women love that crap, its not fair nor accurate to say that everyone hates it.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

But if this is a boxoffice.com list then it is certainly not rated on these forums by anybody vocal barring a small minority.So i think it is impossible to say that this frum overrates Twilight.I accept your point with regards to the general audience and especially its core fanbase and I should have been more clear.

I wont put Man of Steel on mine cuz it ain't that well-regarded, is it? I mean, it's rotten on RT.

There were some fanboys in the MoS thread some days ago trying to argue that 55% isn't bad. So if Man of Steel made 55% a good RT rating for big movies that aren't experimental or made by Michael Bay, I'd go ahead and put it on your list.

My list

2.The Dark Knight

3.The Dark Knight Rises

4.Avatar

5.Inception

6.Passion of the Christ

7.Paranormal Activity

8.Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

9.How the Grinch Stole Christmas

10.Drive

11.X2: X-men United

12.The Reader

13.Supersize Me

14.Man of Steel

15.Shrek

16.Spider-Man 2

17.Gladiator

18.Hugo

19.The Hunger Games

20.The Blind Side

21.Spider-Man

22.The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

23.Brokeback Mountain

24.Gran Torino

25.Slumdog Millionare

I don't see how this is considered overrated. Pretty much everyone hates it. 

There were some fanboys in the MoS thread some days ago trying to argue that 55% isn't bad. So if Man of Steel made 55% a good RT rating for big movies that aren't experimental or made by Michael Bay, I'd go ahead and put it on your list.

F**king fanboys, man... In what world is rotten considered good? You don't eat rotten food, do you?

[*]The Social Network (Grating, Prating, Cold and Boring)

[*]Mulholland Drive (Mainly because I don't get it. I do not get the fucking point of this movie. I really don't.)

[*]The Dark Knight (Don't get me wrong. It's probably the best GA stupid movie I've seen post 2000, but the love for this is just insane) 

[*]Wall-E

[*]Toy Story 3 (Toy Story 1 and 2 were part of my childhood, but this is just a disappointing conclusion.)

[*]4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days ( I mean it's god and all, but the acclaim for this movie is just ridiculous)

[*]Lincoln

[*]Spirited Away (or replace with whatever Hayao Miyazaki film suits your fancy)

[*]Up

[*]Melancholia (Pretentious, nonsensical crap)

[*]A Separation (Le Passe >>>>>>>> A Separation. There I said it.)

[*]In the Mood for Love 

[*]Inglourious Basterds (Big, Sloppy Mess)

[*]Silver Linings Playbook (Glorified Rom-Com)

[*]Das Leben der Anderen/The Lives of Others (Wholly Mediocre)

[*]Beasts of the Southern Wild (She's not acting, she's playing)

[*]The Help (White people solving Black people problems.)

[*]Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 

[*]Cloud Atlas

[*]Million Dollar Baby

[*]Requim for a Dream

[*]Little Miss Sunshine

[*]Waltz with Bashir

[*]Iron Man 1, 2 and 3

[*]I'm deciding between Zodiac and The Avengers atm. 

I'm considering it.  :ph34r:

And i did too, but then I was scrolling through hte most acclaimed movies of the 21st century list and remember a few things that I thought were even worse.

• Like 1

FINAL LIST

1) Toy Story 3 

2) Skyfall

3) The Dark Knight Rises

4) The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

5) 12 Years a Slave

6) The Hunger Games

7) Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

8) Superbad

9) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

10) Moonrise Kingdom

11) STID

12) True Grit

13) Scott Pilgrim vs The World

14) Thor

15) Amazing Spider-man

16) No Country for Old Men

17) There Will Be Blood

18) Wreck it Ralph

19) The Grey

20) The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

21) The Strangers

22) Paul Blart

23) The Lovely Bones

24) Memento

25) American Hustle

F**king fanboys, man... In what world is rotten considered good? You don't eat rotten food, do you?

The world in which drooling fanboys don't care about blunt/boring drama/dialogue or cardboard characters and just want to see Superman and company punch and throw eachother around for long periods of time.  Some movies are critic proof, and a lot of rotten/mixed/bad reviews can and are often are okay for fairly niche genre films or experimental and/or ambitious movies, but not for a 225m budget Superman reboot that was supposed to put the biggest superhero character back on top.

• Like 1

Mulholland Drive (Mainly because I don't get it. I do not get the fucking point of this movie. I really don't.)

4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days ( I mean it's god and all, but the acclaim for this movie is just ridiculous)

Melancholia (Pretentious, nonsensical crap)

A Separation (Le Passe >>>>>>>> A Separation. There I said it.)

:wacko: