spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

Posted Image

Just 18M? May not even touch that?

Posted Image

What a fucking disappointment. Weren't 20M locked?! What went wrong? I guess Frozen was just too big and killed Lego's chances of breaking out. Nut Job opening well in mid January didn't helped either.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Just saw the legendary 1.6M OD number for Vampire Academy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I guess Clooney is the only one that has reasons to smile. WB Executives already killed themselves after that disastrous LEGO Movie.

Calling a movie that don't live up to inflated expectations, a bomb, flop etc. has become a contagious disease at this site. A parasite that slowly eats away at its host, like an unstoppable rebel force.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Only 18M OD? Hah. It will only manage to make it's budget back in its first three days. Has FLOP written all over it.

On a serious note, I'm curious to see how it will perform overseas

Edited by ChD

Only 18M OD? Hah. It will only manage to make it's budget back in its first three days. Has FLOP written all over it.

On a serious note, I'm curious to see how it will perform overseas

yes, that will be really interesting... localizing comedies is always challenging. Though if LEGOs gags are primarily delivered through visuals i think it should be able to do pretty well :)

Why wouldn't LEGO do well overseas? All kids like Legos, and all kids like Batman. Kids will be fine with the more obscure references. 

Overseas audience is stupid. They watch blockbusters and shit like that instead of watching quality movies (see Transformers/Twilight and other movie that despite dropping in quality, increased in Overseas grosses/ then take a look at quality movies that were good but failed to gross too much overseas)

Overseas audience is stupid. They watch blockbusters and shit like that instead of watching quality movies (see Transformers/Twilight and other movie that despite dropping in quality, increased in Overseas grosses/ then take a look at quality movies that were good but failed to gross too much overseas)

You must be talking on how us will make Wolf finish with 350M WW thanks to 250M coming from OS markets.