AdamKendall

Space Jam: A New Legacy | July 16 2021 | WB | Malcolm D. Lee to direct, Ryan Coogler producing. Lebron James to star

27 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Space Jam 2's biggest hurdle is that LeBron is nowhere near as well known OS compared to Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes themselves aren't going to bring the big bucks. 

I wonder if WB will try and crossover other characters they own into the movie. I know Scooby Doo has a WAG film coming out but it'd neat to have not only Looney Tunes but maybe the Hanna Barbera characters and the MGM cartoons appearing alongside Bugs and Daffy.

Well, LeBron is about as good as it gets nowadays, now that other more well known players like Shaq and Kobe are retired. If they really wanna go ahead w/Space Jam 2, they'll have to embrace that factor.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in the Hanna Barbera characters OR Tom & Jerry to try to amp up the scale from the 1st movie. Although I think the hook for this film will be that the animated characters go to our world, rather than LeBron going to theirs. So, basically Looney Tunes: Back In Action 2.

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in the Hanna Barbera characters OR Tom & Jerry to try to amp up the scale from the 1st movie. Although I think the hook for this film will be that the animated characters go to our world, rather than LeBron going to theirs. So, basically Looney Tunes: Back In Action 2.

Tom & Jerry would be tricky because neither speak although having them interact with Sylvester, Tweety and Speedy would be fun. 

Maybe instead of Looney Tunes vs the Aliens, maybe the aliens kidnap them different cartoons characters and force them to compete against each other and the aliens and have Bugs, Daffy and maybe Scooby escape and try and recruit LeBron

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Tom & Jerry would be tricky because neither speak although having them interact with Sylvester, Tweety and Speedy would be fun. 

Maybe instead of Looney Tunes vs the Aliens, maybe the aliens kidnap them different cartoons characters and force them to compete against each other and the aliens and have Bugs, Daffy and maybe Scooby escape and try and recruit LeBron

That would be a fun concept, actually. Looney Tunes vs. Hanna Barbera universe; sounds cool to me. We don't even need the aliens there: just have all but a few of the cartoons brainwashed against the heroes, and then the heroes + LeBron have to fight their way out of there.

But for what's worth, this new Space Jam movie better have something more interesting than "normal" basketball. YOU'RE IN SPACE W/ALIEN CARTOONS, FOR FUCK'S SAKE. Go full NBA Jam on that bitch, get really ridiculous w/your ideas.

• Like 1

ok what ???

They making this with Justin Lin and this basketball guy ??

no offence to Mr Le Bron star power but thinking about OS , well Basketball is just not as hot as a global sports hook as it was during the Michael Jordan movie.

Imo they should switched to a different sports just as mere premise to unite all the toons and not only just trying to capture the lightning in the bottle for the 2nd time

7 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

ok what ???

They making this with Justin Lin and this basketball guy ??

no offence to Mr Le Bron star power but thinking about OS , well Basketball is just not as hot as a global sports hook as it was during the Michael Jordan movie.

Imo they should switched to a different sports just as mere premise to unite all the toons and not only just trying to capture the lightning in the bottle for the 2nd time

Domestic and China would easily make this profitable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Is there any actual confirmation from Lebron's camp that he's involved?

The announcement was made a couple of years ago.

You know, you might have checked the first page of this thread for info ......

Edited by dudalb

Well, if Lebron much rumored going to the Lakers happens, he will have a short commute to the studios.....

BTW I see that Lebron is one of the voice actors in the upcoming Warners "Smallfoot" Animated feature.