Films

Weekend estimates | Veronica mars- 2M (down 39% on Sat), 300 2-19.1M,LEGO (7.71M), non-stop (10.6M)

Posted Image

"I should not have ratted on Walt.."

• Like 3

302 looks to end up with $110M-$115M. 

With $68M in the bank, NON-STOP could squeak past $100M.

DIVERGENT, NOAH & the CAPTAIN will stir up the box office in the 

next 3 weeks and it will be interesting to see the rumble.

• Like 2

Damn, that number for Need for Speed is downright horrible.

I can't see it pass 35M with that Opening Day. That, of course, if it's front loaded and won't increase on Saturday.

• Like 3

Relatively so, yeah. The action sounds impressive and OS audiences won't care about the cruddy dialogue and silly characters.

Maybe that's true for the relatively young markets like China but certainly not anywhere else.

• Like 2

VM should hit 1m for Friday, for Friday at least #1/2 at lot of theatresDL current est for films in right ball park , NFS should pass 6.5 prob not by much

If VM ends the weekend with close to a 3x internal multiplier it would indicate WB missed a lot of business by not getting it in more theatres.
  • Like 1

Btw, Aaron Paul is not leading man material.

aint that the truth….good lord just because he was jesse pinkman doesn't mean he's at all leading man stuff.  And in the future think he could be cuz he's a damn good actor but not as an action hero in a 2nd grade fast/furious movie…bad choice/bad role

• Like 2

Is it Taylor Kitsch all over again? At least the budget isn't as big as John Carter or Battleship.

tho idk if we can make fun of kitsch anymore for box office failure…cuz damn did you see Lone Survivor? Kitsch was pretty prominent in that.

• Like 2