Films

Weekend estimates | Veronica mars- 2M (down 39% on Sat), 300 2-19.1M,LEGO (7.71M), non-stop (10.6M)

Relatively so, yeah. The action sounds impressive and OS audiences won't care about the cruddy dialogue and silly characters.

Mmmmm...yeaaaaah, I'm going to have to ahead and disagree with you on that one.  Do international audiences even know who this guy is?  I just don't think they are going to see this anymore than we are.

• Like 1

Mmmmm...yeaaaaah, I'm going to have to ahead and disagree with you on that one.  Do international audiences even know who this guy is?  I just don't think they are going to see this anymore than we are.

Of course they don't know who Aaron Paul is. But flashy cars and cool racing stunts? That should be enough for a decent OS gross.

• Like 3

Not many people outside of Breaking Bad's target markets know him but this is an action/car racing movie so it will find an audience in the international markets. Disney has spend a lot of money marketing this movie in North America so < 20 million OW is a disappointment regardless of how much it makes in China or Russia.

• Like 2

With 300 and Non-Stop doing good numbers, NFS is totally tanking here next weekend. I can see it doing good business in Asia and Latin America. It will bomb in Europe.

• Like 2

Of course they don't know who Aaron Paul is. But flashy cars and cool racing stunts? That should be enough for a decent OS gross.

Mmmm...yeeeeaaaa...I'm going to have to ask you to come in on Sunday as well.  Yea, I just don't think that's going to be enough to get audiences to care.  

• Like 5

• Founder / Operator

To be honest though, I do kinda wonder if NFS might get some help overseas. Hard one to call, but I would expect more of a "what? this isn't Fast & Furious..." backlash domestically versus a "hey, it's kinda like Fast & Furious!" bump internationally.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 4

To be honest though, I do kinda agree that NFS might get some help overseas. Hard one to call, but I would expect more of a "what? this isn't Fast & Furious..." backlash domestically versus a "hey, it's kinda like Fast & Furious!" bump internationally.

The international poster is trying its best to mimic F&F

Posted Image

• Like 4

Here's the reason I don't think it will do well overseas, and by not well, I mean it won't crack more than 100 (which isn't bad but not huge). The first Fast and Furious did 62 mill.  Granted it was a long time ago, but that was before it became more of an internationally flavoured film.  Back then, it was just an American street racing film.  In fact, none of the first three films made more than 110 mill internationally.  It wasn't until the Fast Five, where they added more international locales, more international stars and gave it a much more global appeal that the series took off internationally.  NFS is just another American action film about fast cars.  That's not enough to get a lot of international audiences really interested in it.  If I was a betting man, I'd say it misses 100 internationally and 150 WW.

• Like 3