Films

Weekend estimates | Veronica mars- 2M (down 39% on Sat), 300 2-19.1M,LEGO (7.71M), non-stop (10.6M)

Yesterday I was told the video game NFS in China is a much bigger thing than in US/Foreign. So that would make sense if its China box office matches DOM one. 

Personally I dont play any video games.

NFS games make most of their sales from America. 

• Like 3

Yes they do. However, there are other ways to play the game. In college, everyone played Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted on the LAN. Not a single person had bought the game though.

• Like 2

Yes they do. However, there are other ways to play the game. In college, everyone played Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted on the LAN. Not a single person had bought the game though.

True. 

I'm not suggesting that the movie will do awful in China or anything, its just that I doubt anyone who is going to see it, will see it because it's called Need for Speed. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

With 300 and Non-Stop doing good numbers, NFS is totally tanking here next weekend. I can see it doing good business in Asia and Latin America. It will bomb in Europe.

Here in Argentina, NFS kind of tanked in its first day. It sold half the tickets 300 did in its 8th day.

• Like 1

13 +16
IDINA MENZEL
Let It Go
4.812 +0.410 740 +65 7/62 313 4.812 740 HAC/AC

Looks like Let it Go is finally getting some Hot Adult Contemporary airplay!  Before it was only on Adult Contemporary, and HAC is much bigger so it had one of the biggest audience impression gains ever with +0.410m.

Hopefully this builds up and it can cross over to other formats (like pop) too!

Edited by Frozen Iceroll
  • Like 3

13 +16
IDINA MENZEL
Let It Go
4.812 +0.410 740 +65 7/62 313 4.812 740 HAC/AC

Looks like Let it Go is finally getting some Hot Adult Contemporary airplay!  Before it was only on Adult Contemporary, and HAC is much bigger so it had one of the biggest audience impression gains ever with +0.410m.

Hopefully this builds up and it can cross over to other formats (like pop) too!

This thread is for Friday estimates not for Billboard...

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2

80 OW? Wow, that would be insane.

HSX is trading the Divergent OW warrant at 60M. Pre-sales have been good so far, so that may be doable. The 80M was my "breakout" prediction. Doubt if it can do that though, not a lot of action in the movie, may prevent it from becoming a 4 quadrant movie.

• Like 2

China is the world's biggest pirated video game market, you know .....

Gaming consoles had been legally banned for decades until this year. Web games and pirated computer video games dominate in China.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 2

HSX is trading the Divergent OW warrant at 60M. Pre-sales have been good so far, so that may be doable. The 80M was my "breakout" prediction. Doubt if it can do that though, not a lot of action in the movie, may prevent it from becoming a 4 quadrant movie.

I'd be more than hugely impressed with a 70M OW. No need to set the bar way up at 80.

Heck, I think 60 would be fantastic.

• Like 2

China is the world's biggest pirated video game market, you know .....

Gaming consoles had been legally banned for decades until this year. Web games and pirated computer video games dominate in China.

Okay. Fair enough. 

If gaming wasn't banned in China for so long, I still think NFS would have sold shit in that country. 

• Like 2