Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Are these Cameron quotes legit or fake ?

:thinking:

only the lionking one is real

Spoiler

all fake except the "shit yourself with your mouth wide open" one which I provided the link for.

Edited by IronJimbo

8 hours ago, TombRaider said:

Fake and very unfunny

I'm sorry that you feel that way TombRaider, did you know that James "Jim" Cameron is a real life Tomb Raider? He ventured to the bottom of the ocean and explored the ruins of the Titanic, wow!

Here are the best Avatar related real ones for you.

mqzI15g.png&key=7fd5ee667572ac6a90a311d0

UfwXLS2.png

e1HJSlw.png

in the last quote I think he's talking about you and the fickle bunch who grew to hate it after it's success.

Edited by IronJimbo

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/feb/15/why-silicon-valley-billionaires-are-prepping-for-the-apocalypse-in-new-zealand 

Very interesting read for anyone interested in the impending disaster that I think Jim saw coming years ago - the question that they fail to ask is - can Avatar 2 prevent it? 

• Like 1

On 2018/2/15 at 9:59 AM, TombRaider said:
On 2018/2/15 at 9:08 AM, The Futurist said:

Are these Cameron quotes legit or fake ?

:thinking:

Fake and very unfunny

wCMZBYM.jpg

BTW this is actually 100% a legit quote from Cameron cause I'm 100% sure Cameron said "No they're not" before.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

BTW that is actually 100% a legit quote from Cameron cause I'm 100% sure Cameron said "No they're not" before.

I'm going to need mass production of common phrases, thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Does anyone have numbers on what Avatar was originally projected to make? 

i'll have a look

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

They are all real

VmoComS.jpg

Come one this is obviously a fake Cameron quote

because it doesn't have the "- James Cameron" on it.

Edited by vc2002
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I don't know. All I know is, there were very, very few people here who thought it would win 2009. I say this because I was one of those. My predicts were ridiculed and then history happened. lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't know. All I know is, there were very, very few people here who thought it would win 2009. I say this because I was one of those. My predicts were ridiculed and then history happened. lol

What's your A2 prediction or is it too early?

12 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2009/12/here_come_the_cats_with_human_boobs.html

Supporting evidence for the cat-people-as-cash-cow theory can be found on the Hollywood Stock Exchange. As of Thursday evening, Avatar is trading at 187.09 on HSX, a prediction market that Anita Elberse, an associate professor at Harvard Business School, says has a proven track record of prognosticating box-office revenues. That 187.09 figure means HSX traders believe the movie will make close to $187 million in its first four weeks of domestic release—a figure that would put the movie well on its way to profitability.

That's the closest I can find to an official projection of the film's potential. 

• Like 2

Just wanna say, I still absolutely love "I See You" from Leona Lewis...

I literally have listened to it at least once a day this year, and it makes me feel things every single time. Thanks Avatar

In general, the music from Avatar gets me everytime I watch it.

• Like 4

Sorry....but I am for now off the Avatar hype train. JC will have to make a movie that gets his message across without coming off preachy. Avatar was a great experience but extremely preachy. With the changing landscape in films, I just don't see how it can become a phenomenon or a cultural event. 

47 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Sorry....but I am for now off the Avatar hype train. JC will have to make a movie that gets his message across without coming off preachy. Avatar was a great experience but extremely preachy. With the changing landscape in films, I just don't see how it can become a phenomenon or a cultural event. 

I'm sorry for your loss.