Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Dan O Bannon's words, not mine, at least the Alien part, not the exact words but he totally says  that in the making of.

Alien was just a B Horror movie to him and what changed everything was the idea of the Alien and how it reproduces (not sure who came up with the idea, don't remember) and Giger's breathtaking designs.

Giger's designs were incredible, out of this world.

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

You think ?

Alien is the definite movie monster.

Nobody managed to come up with something as beautiful & terrifying at the same time.

Giger was a genius.

I think you just described a gaint penis from a penis loving point of view, which is essentially the design of an Xenomorph.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

In space, no you can hear you scream from a giant penis monster.

"One thing that people are all disturbed about is sex... I said 'That's how I'm going to attack the audience; I'm going to attack them sexually. And I'm not going to go after the women in the audience, I'm going to attack the men. I am going to put in every image I can think of to make the men in the audience cross their legs. Homosexual oral rape, birth. The thing lays its eggs down your throat, the whole number.'" -Alien Screenwriter Dan O'Bannon

Just now, IronJimbo said:

"One thing that people are all disturbed about is sex... I said 'That's how I'm going to attack the audience; I'm going to attack them sexually. And I'm not going to go after the women in the audience, I'm going to attack the men. I am going to put in every image I can think of to make the men in the audience cross their legs. Homosexual oral rape, birth. The thing lays its eggs down your throat, the whole number.'" -Alien Screenwriter Dan O'Bannon

The vagina entrances to the derelict ship kinda made me horny though.

3573976.jpg

56 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Alien sucks because the creature has like a minute of screen time.  Aliens rules because tons of them get blown up by space marines and theres the game boss at the end.

Aliens loose the tension and horror elements of the first alien film. 

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Disagree. There's definitely tension in Aliens.

I feel more tension in Aliens than in Alien which leans on boredom from time to time.

The build ups to all Aliens attacks in Aliens are incredible.

12 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

That's actually why Aliens is a great sequel.

It is tense still, just not horror. Motion scanners, retreating to the AMV, first contact, blowtorching the floor above newt, ripler waiting for the airship.