Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

13 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

hRWIeBH.pngQFQeDvQ.pngMY8OYOn.png

I could go all day, I got almost a hundred. You'll just be wasting your time trying to keep up, I've been saving Jim quotes whenever I see them for over 10 years.

mRZwwa8.png

Those are just the quotes.

0kzruwa.png

You're missing the point here.  Elessar, me, and some others are not questioning how many you have, but whether those are fake or not.

• Like 1

I think there is a ton of us here who love Cameron, tele and myself included.  I just don't understand why there is some much dick measuring.  Cameron has gone on record as saying he loves Star Wars and it's what made him want to make films.  Those of you here who are making up all these false quotes or not telling the whole story and such are just making yourselves look foolish.  There's room in the world for Cameron and Nolan and Spielberg and Lucas and Jackson and so on.  I don't think we need to read any more of what you guys think of him.  You love him and that's fine but to constantly try to make it a competition is silly and annoying.  

• Like 6

Titanic and Avatar were decent movies.  But really not great in the same sense that the first two Terminator movies were.

Some will confuse extremely well-played marketing with good movie making.

Think of all the other things that many, many people chose to consume.  These two films are the Wal-Mart of cinema.  Exactly what the masses call for, but not exactly the best the experience can be.

11 minutes ago, Prime Mover and Shaker said:

Titanic and Avatar were decent movies.  But really not great in the same sense that the first two Terminator movies were.

Think of all the other things that many, many people chose to consume.  These two films are the Wal-Mart of cinema.  Exactly what the masses call for, but not exactly the best the experience can be.

In your opinion maybe.  But Titanic is the epitome of perfection imo.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Prime Mover and Shaker said:

Are you saying well-played marketing is the reason for Titanic's 20x multiplier and Avatar's 10x?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Tele's not locked in here with us, we're locked in here with him! :o :ph34r:

One of my favourite movie lines and scenes.  It's just perfectly brilliant.

It's odd that Battle Angel Alita is gonna come out before Avatar 2.

But Cameron...versus Rodrieguez based on a script by Cameron?  We know which one is gonna blow our minds.  Ok we don't all know...but I KNOW.  You doubters are gonna be mindfucked when this bitch comes out.

Wait someone has a folder of over 400 different James Cameron quotes saved?! Like they actually collect them like music and movies?

And here I thought the craziest thing I'd see this weekend would be some random article on Facebook!

Holy shit man. Famdom is insane.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RascarCapat said:

I love Cameron and I'm exited for Avatar 2 but I now avoid this thread because I find IronJimbo extremely annoying. And everytime he posts an idiotic dellusionnal comment about his idol, I see Cameron's face.

So now I'm also annoyed by Cameron's face because I associate it with IronJimbo...

Also @IronJimbo I'm pretty sure you made some of these quotes up. Which is really pretentious of you considering how much you seem to considerate Cameron. I'm sure the man would be outraged to see what you make him say...

but whatever, I can't make you go away or stop posting shit so I'll just hang in another thread.

And that's why he's on Ignore ever since TFA. That avatar irked me to no end.

These guys think he's actually a god...which I guess isn't that out there in this celebrity crazed culture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

Wait someone has a folder of over 400 different James Cameron quotes saved?! Like they actually collect them like music and movies?

And here I thought the craziest thing I'd see this weekend would be some random article on Facebook!

Holy shit man. Famdom is insane.

"My life consists of basically masking my fetish for James Cameron in real life, and, at least once a day, retiring to my James Cameron Quotes Library on my computer so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell."

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

"My life consists of basically masking my fetish for James Cameron in real life, and, at least once a day, retiring to my James Cameron Quotes Library on my computer so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell."

z0XAv7S.jpg

You seem visibly annoyed, it shouldn't be so hard to understand why someone would idolise James 'Iron Jim' Cameron. The man is so much more than just a movie director, and even as just a director he is one of the greatest of all time.