Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

11 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Saw Avatar in IMAX 3D Beijing Film Festival. The only shortcoming of the Sci-fi film is that it only have 162 mins runtime…please 621 mins for Avatar 2, James Cameron!!!

Its still visually better than the othe blockbusters, what is everyone else even doing?

Did he raise the bar too far this time?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elessar said:

I'm a huge Cameron fanboy and i have to tell you, some of you guys have bonkers expectations.

It is highly unlikely that a phenomenon like Avatar retains all of its audience for the sequels (or even comes close), forget an increase. China is making the overseas run interesting but pretty much everywhere else it should drop. And that is fine, it doesn't mean people hate Avatar. If the first sequel manages to do Titanic worldwide numbers (including the rerelease) that would be swell...

China is not the only developing market in the world though, many markets increased drastically from 2009 -2020, Avatar can definitely capitalize on that not just from China.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Some showtimes of IMAX3D Avatar will be held in next few days because of Beijing Film Festival. I’m gonna see it tonight. 

Gavin, I was wondering if you think the currently situation with the trade war/ relatively tense relations between China and the US might  affect Avatar 2's run in China? For example, odd scheduling, no extension allowed etc...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

China is not the only developing market in the world though, many markets increased drastically from 2009 -2020, Avatar can definitely capitalize on that not just from China.

Also he said everywhere else should drop. He's forgetting about Jims anti-gravity.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Also he said everywhere else should drop. He's forgetting about Jims anti-gravity.

Haha, I think it'll do very well in the entirety of east Asia (with most countries in 2020 at much higher cinema capacity than 2009) and also India, where it will definitely increase, potentially Latin America as well. A drop in certain countries in Europe is obviously inevitable , but we've got China!

Edited by NCsoft

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Gavin, I was wondering if you think the currently situation with the trade war/ relatively tense relations between China and the US might  affect Avatar 2's run in China? For example, odd scheduling, no extension allowed etc...

I think China don’t have to do anything on film industry because it’s a very small-scale business. And hollywood studios only earn 25% of it’s Chinese box office while cinema earn 53% & the rest will be earned by China Film Group.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCsoft said:

I'm sure China is much much bigger than all those other markets in Asia put together. As for South America, as far as i know the market grew but nowhere near the China pace.

Edited by Elessar

James Cameron to film “Avatar 4” in Estonia

James Cameron, one of the most successful movie directors of all time, announced that the fourth sequel in the Avatar film series will be filmed near Navi village in Estonia.*

http://estonianworld.com/culture/james-cameron-to-film-avatar-4-in-estonia/

For the first time I came to know that there's a village in Estonia called Navi :o:o:o Interesting article.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lothar said:

James Cameron to film “Avatar 4” in Estonia

James Cameron, one of the most successful movie directors of all time, announced that the fourth sequel in the Avatar film series will be filmed near Navi village in Estonia.*

http://estonianworld.com/culture/james-cameron-to-film-avatar-4-in-estonia/

For the first time I came to know that there's a village in Estonia called Navi :o:o:o Interesting article.

That's an april fools joke, sorry dude

• Like 1

On 2018/4/6 at 10:16 PM, Gavin Feng said:

I think China don’t have to do anything on film industry because it’s a very small-scale business. And hollywood studios only earn 25% of it’s Chinese box office while cinema earn 53% & the rest will be earned by China Film Group.

Aside from that, hurting Hollywood doesn't do any damage to Trump because Hollywood hates Trump anyway.

This is why China is targeting soybeans because soybean farmers are big Trump supporters. I'd say if Hollywood becomes a victim, then it must mean the trade war has gotten to a batshit level, and by then there would be a lot of much more important things we would have to worry about before we could worry about movies.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vc2002 said:

then there would be a lot of much more important things we would have to worry about before we could worry about movies.

As much as I care about everything that is going on in the world, I can hardly imagine anything more important to me in the next few years than Avatar 2's box office run ;)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

As much as I care about everything that is going on in the world, I can hardly imagine anything more important to me in the next few years than Avatar 2's box office run ;)

the run is the icing on the cake to what is going to be a fantastic film... it seems like people on here are hoping for it to fail? Weird really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCsoft said:

That's IronJimbo-worthy mental.:sparta:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NCsoft said:

I would say The Lion King (or IX but this only has the "trilogy-end" factor, since the novelty is gone after 4 previous SW movies). 

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

the run is the icing on the cake to what is going to be a fantastic film... it seems like people on here are hoping for it to fail? Weird really.

I don't think almost anyone would desire this to fail, except for seeing your reactions (is you survive the heart attack). 

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

That's an april fools joke, sorry dude

No it's not.

Avatar 4 to be shot in Estonia; James Cameron says 'there's a connection' between Na'vi and Estonians

https://www.firstpost.com/entertainment/avatar-4-to-be-shot-in-estonia-james-cameron-says-theres-a-connection-between-navi-and-estonians-4415059.html

SURPRISE: AVATAR 4 LOCATION REVEALED! MASSIVE!

https://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-16/james-camerons-avatar-4-to-be-filmed-at-estonia.html

https://newstral.com/en/article/en/1091221986/james-cameron-to-film-avatar-4-in-estonia

posted 1st , 2nd, 3rd and 4th of april. I searched it.

It's for real.