Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, cdsacken said:

That's basically this entire thread once avatar comes out.

Feel free to be a troll. It's basically all you do.

You called @IronJimbo a delusional troll when he estimated $850M DOM for Endgame and it appears he’s going to be more accurate than anyone. So what does “troll” mean?

Endgame losing to Avatar is big news on the marketing front and will likely affect the numbers for Avatar 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

That's basically this entire thread once avatar comes out.

Feel free to be a troll. It's basically all you do.

well, it's not like there's a flood of Avatar news to discuss right now, currently it does seem the most pressing issue at hand is the "impressive" legs that Endgame has, so I think some discussion of that is certainly warranted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

You called @IronJimbo a delusional troll when he estimated $850M DOM for Endgame and it appears he’s going to be more accurate than anyone. So what does “troll” mean?

Endgame losing to Avatar is big news on the marketing front and will likely affect the numbers for Avatar 2.

Maybe or Avatar with no movie for 12+ years won't even sniff the original amount. Yeah I thought for sure it would hit 2.8b, looks like I was wrong. Oh well.

Delusional is spamming the end game thread getting people banned. I hope avatar 2 does well in spite of trolls.

Edited by cdsacken

5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Maybe or Avatar with no movie for 12+ years won't even sniff the original amount. Yeah I thought for sure it would hit 2.8b, looks like I was wrong. Oh well.

Delusional is spamming the end game thread getting people banned. I hope avatar 2 does well in spite of trolls.

Lofty defonitions of Troll and Delusional. I suppose you can never be wrong if you make up new meanings for words, genius!

You shouldn't be upset with a poster when they throw a post back in your face where you used language of certainty but were wrong. Just ride with the punches my dude.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Lofty defonitions of Troll and Delusional. I suppose you can never be wrong if you make up new meanings for words, genius!

You shouldn't be upset with a poster when they throw a post back in your face where you used language of certainty but were wrong. Just ride with the punches my dude.

I think there is a lot of projection going on right now from fans of the MCU. 

They're not in a great place. :Gaga:

• Like 1

That'll serve all the clowns who said Avatar would be crushed after opening weekend and proceeded to mock the film, Cameron (along with some tasty Twitter hashtags), where are those people now? We can gloat even though it's not a done deal but seems likely Endgame won't pass it, I told you so we can say, they deserve it. Anyway, let's settle in for the long wait now !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

That'll serve all the clowns who said Avatar would be crushed after opening weekend and proceeded to mock the film, Cameron (along with some tasty Twitter hashtags), where are those people now? We can gloat even though it's not a done deal but seems likely Endgame won't pass it, I told you so we can say, they deserve it. Anyway, let's settle in for the long wait now !

The marvel fans have a long wait if they don't top Avatar this time. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Loving the #beatavatar hashtag

They need to know when tp give up

• Like 3

I'm actually surprised that Endgame doesn't look like it will beat Avatar. Avatar was a standalone film, while Endgame was the crossover culmination of 11 years and 22 movies of probably the biggest film franchise of all time.

I adore Avatar, but dang... then again, didn't it have a rerelease at one point?

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Slay him Jimbo 😎😎💪. The 3bil to 3.5 billy dollar and 1billion domestic lock E.g. fans have left Pandora.😂

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Astonished 1

_

10 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Avatar 2 is guaranteed to do well but we want 3.5 to over 4billion ww and have about 40% shot at over 5billy. That would be crazy to beat Avatar and End game by a margin of 2 - 3billion. Would really show how the achievements of the 1.5 to 2bil plus film bo runs  of today  are not as impressive as fanboys make them out to be. Almost all decent size blockbusters are pushing 1.3-1.5+bil with all this Market expansion

13 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

He took a wild guess and got lucky 😂

Also, how in the world is it likely to affect the numbers for Avatar 2??

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Also, how in the world is it likely to affect the numbers for Avatar 2??

No I didn't.

My estimates are on point keep up Deep Wang.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Slay him Jimbo 😎😎💪. The 3bil to 3.5 billy dollar and 1billion domestic lock E.g. fans have left Pandora.😂

People do say that these predictions look ridiculous from time to time, but they don't realize that you have made some pretty on point predictions regarding endgame's legs throughout its early run which people took as jokes and trolling, in retrospect, you were one of the few people who correctly maintained that Endgame won't pass Avatar. ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

You could legitimately argue that Endgame was always going to be front-loaded because it broke the OW record to such a drastic degree. That demand was always going to burn out fast and expecting typical MCU legs domestic or worldwide was unrealistic. People who maintained <850M domestic gross were probably just being logical.

On the other hand though, MCU fanboys were really trying to have it both ways. Remember all the ridicule coming from them when anyone dared to doubt Endgame legs earlier in its run? They were branded "delusional" and pointed at the A+ cinema-score. Now that the dust is more or less settled, the same people are like "don't you dare to negatively spin Endgame's run! It did great! Do you expect normal legs with that kind of an opening?" It's quite hilarious :rofl:

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 4